Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo APP does not show any Videos in the library (IOS)

Discussion stats
  • 53 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Fent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey,

Arlo APP does not show any Videos in the library (IOS) anyone any clue what that could be ?

greetings,

53 REPLIES 53
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fent,

This would indicate your cameras either have not detected and recorded any motion or they are not armed (allowing them to detect and record motion).

Consider checking your mode to make sure the cameras are armed and then test by moving in front of your cameras to trigger motion detection.

JamesC

Fent
Aspirant
Aspirant

i see recoreded videos on my computer but when look inside the app it shows zero videos in the library ! The app shows x new videos as preview but when i go inside nothing shows up.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The counter in the Cameras tab will reset whenever the library is accessed. This is by design. However, any videos should show in the library using any mechanism regardless. of having been viewed previously

Fent
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes but they are no videos on the app ! Via the PC Webbroswer everything is showing just fine !

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

About all you can try is logging out and back in on the app as well as reinstalling the app.  

Fent
Aspirant
Aspirant

i did all that but nothing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS version? Might be time for a trouble ticket.

Fent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Iphone 6s

IOS: 9.3.2

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

OK, iOS folks, jump in...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Same IOS version but on a g3 ipad... no problem

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fent,

Do you have a filter set when viewing the library from the iOS device? Are you making sure you are viewing the correct day while in the library?

JamesC

Fent
Aspirant
Aspirant

it is the correct day and i also did a reset on the filter a couple of times !

if there is nobody who can confirm that it is working on a Iphone 6s with the OS version i do not belive that the problem is on my side.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe a screenshot of your Library tab would help.  

npk200189
Aspirant
Aspirant
NETGEAR community but have no such incharge person to answer. What's this for?

npk200189
Aspirant
Aspirant
James,u better read more of users posting for this issue. You will not need to ask such stupid questions. Users all are provided u details. We have done further than what u r asking. I hv liaised with many of u, level 2 suporters and being level 3 but is notice to me that u all are keep asking a same questions but end up is nothing is improved.
olo
npk200189
Aspirant
Aspirant
Dude, android with same set of arlo has no such issue. Don't ask us what's iOS version and bla bla bla.... Read more on what users feed u details. We hv done all the latest. U just imagine it that users are not such stupid by lagging set her and there. The best is u read my case raise to you or you to do simulation on your iOS. Else u just discontinue your app on iOS. Or what else u want to do?
npk200189
Aspirant
Aspirant

npk200189
Aspirant
Aspirant
James, android with same set of arlo has no such issue. Don't ask us what's iOS version and bla bla bla.... Read more on what users feed u details. We hv done all the latest. U just imagine it that users are not such stupid by lagging set her and there. The best is u read my case raise to you or you to do simulation on your iOS. Else u just discontinue your app on iOS. Or what else u want to do?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

npk200189,

Please private message me the case number you have open with the support team and I will take a look. I will provide any additional feedback that I can.

Thank you,

JamesC

Fent
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you give a feedback on my Issue ?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fent,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

jms37
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought Arlo and having the same issue and my app is for android.  This is what i've found so far.  It appears that the phone app has a slight flaw in that it's not pulling video from the server/cloud to the library.  I can tell this is happening because when ever I update firmware or log-out of the app and back in then the videos show up.  This means that the software isn't reaching out to the server.  should be a very easy fix for netgear.

But I don't like that people are getting the run-around on this blog (i.e. are you sure you have the motion detection on etc). Come on net gear you know this is an issue just fix it.  Stick a refresh button on the library page and be done with it or find a better event driven way to reach out to the server.

Now that being said.  I'm very pleased with the ease of the overall setup and operation.  And if I log into the site from my laptop I have no issues with viewing the library (i.e. i don't have to log out and log back in).  I also have swanneye and let me tell you what a nighmare that has been.  They moved over to different servers and now none of my cameras work.  So, I ran out and bought Arlo for the easy set-up, and it was much easier than swanneye.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jms37,

I have not been able to replicate the issue you describe with the Android app. Do you always see this behavior or is it intermittent?

JamesC

jms37
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply James.  I shutdown my Samsung phone and restarted.  Sometime after that I noticed that the arlo app started working differently.  Now when I log into the app on my phone, the app closes and reopens -- almost like it is refreshing the login automatically.  Now the library is always up to date.  Not sure if the a new version of the app was pushed to the phone or the act of me restarting my phone after installation made the app work differently.  either way it works now.

Advice for people having the issue with the library.  Download the latest version of the app and then restart your phone.