Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
TigerBadger
Follower
Follower

We are having this same problem on both of our IOS 9.2 Iphones.  We have been having the push notification problem since we updated the ARLO app to verison 2.0.0.  We have tried deleting and reinstalling the Arlo application with no success as well as logging in and logging out of the app itself.   When motion is dectected neither phone nor the ipad will get notifications.  Has anyone would a solution to this problem?  All of are setttings are set to have the notifications pushed to our phones when motion is detected.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TigerBadger,

With the most recent update to the Arlo UI, the push notification feature was moved to be camera specific rather than system specific. Have you checked the rule for each camera to ensure that push notifications are enabled?

JamesC

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TigerBadger,

With the most recent update to the Arlo UI, the push notification feature was moved to be camera specific rather than system specific. Have you checked the rule for each camera to ensure that push notifications are enabled?

JamesC

RandyQUATTRO
Star
Star

Thank you for this. I just noticed that I was only getting email notifications.  I had to go to the website to locate the camera specifc area to turn on notifications.  Was difficult to find within the app. Thanks again!

JamesC wrote:

TigerBadger,

JamesC

Mayeda
Tutor
Tutor

I'm not getting push notifications either.  I've deleted the app, reinstalled.  Restarted the base.  I logged into the website, but not seeing any camera specific push notifications.  Push notifications are enabled on my phone.  I wasn't have any issues before being forced to update to the new version.  Any ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, select system, edit modes, set notifications.

Mayeda
Tutor
Tutor

I think I figured it out.  The mode was set to Schedule, using All motion on (custom mode).  This All motion on, I was able to see the camera and the push notifications was not checked here.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Absolutely! The schedule is not a mode. Everything else is.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

jguerdat wrote:

Mode tab, select system, edit modes, set notifications.

Thanks. Why were the push notifications get unchecked when they were working on Monday night? 😞

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Likely because app notifications were global before and now are on a per camera basis.  Either way, turning them all off or on, would have resulted in someone not liking the choice so...  

A list of changes that was published at the time of the update, perhaps in a push email to all customers, might have been prudent to alert all of the changes so the multitude of questions/complaints would have been diminished.

VincentDiTizio
Aspirant
Aspirant

Doesn't work for me. Whenever I check the place for notifications it doesn't work. Checking back later shows that it's not checked, whether i checked it or not.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's likely because you didn't save on the way back out. When you checnge the notifications (or other settings), be sure to  look for Save buttons at the top and bottom (depends on whether you're using the app or browser) of the various screens.  Some screens don't have a save button but will on the previous screen and you may need to hit save twice, once to save the setting, another to save the rule/mode.

BungalowCamera
Aspirant
Aspirant

I must be missing something somewhere as I am still not getting push notifications.  I have 2 cameras and they are on a schedule (7:00 PM to 7:00 AM) but I can not find a way to ensure that push notifications are enabled in the schedule mode.  I verified that both cameras have push and email notifications enabled in the "Armed" mode however I can not find where I can ensure these settings in the schedule mode.  Is that feature not available while the schedule mode is enabled?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The schedule "mode" is not the same thing as every other mode.  The schedule is just that - the schedule.  That's all it does.  All settings are done in the other modes, default and ones you created.  You say you've verified that notifications are set in the Armed moded.  My suggestion is to create your own, new mode that maybe does the same thing as Armed (that way Armed remains fresh for you to use for a sanity check). Ensure notifications are on and be sure to Save all the way out (not all screens have a Save button).  Now place that in your scedule.

If you still get no notifications, try reinstalling the app and/or use a different device for testing.

Mountainview
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here
I can't saveven the push notifications
The camera worked great the first time we set it up
Notifications and all
Now I check it and can't save that feature to get it to work??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Define can't save that feature? App or browser? Have you tried the other, including multiple browsers?  Some screens have save at the top, others at the bottom.

VinceR
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Iphone 6 and have the Arlo app set to Allow everything on Notifications, and Alert Style is set to Banners. All my cameras are all set to push notification and email alerts. I get email alerts but I still get no push notifications.

Vince

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

VinceR,

Consider uninstalling the app and doing a fresh install from the app market. Also make sure notifications are enabled in the iOS settings for Arlo.

JamesC

Nicaaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the oposite problem. I have only one rule where i want push enabled (iPhone 6). All rules push even though unchecked on motion.

One camera is the trigger. On motion i have set up all four cameras to record. I only want ONE push for this. Now i get five 😞
fluxsta
Aspirant
Aspirant

hi no joy at all with push notifications. Have done everything suggested through multiple threads in the community. Still no emails or push notifications at all

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you getting videos? If not, are the running men for each camera in the Cameras tab gray or black? Gray means the camera(s) are disarmed and won't record.

Nicaaw
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes. Getting the grey and orange icons. Push on all cameras/rules Even though dissbled on all but one. Very annoying :((
fluxsta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, yes I am getting videos and the system works but I simply dont get notifications to any email addresses despite trying everything

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it's a bit of a pain to have to do it, I'd remove all devices from your accounts, factory reset the base by holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber and start over.  I'll wager the problems disappear then.  Make notes of any modes/rules, settings and schedules you have now to speed things up.

fluxsta
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, that was going to be my next course of action but support got back to me and rebooted my account, so it was clearly a problem Netgear's end and all is well now 

cheers