Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

QuickTime Player Won't Play Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Apple's QuickTime Player ver. 10.4 (most recent) won't play any videos stored on Arlo Pro flash drive. Netgear support advises there are two other customers who have the same problem and "we are working on a fix".  In the meantime the Arlo Pro system I purchased won't allow me to play any of my stored video clips -an important factor in my decision to buy the Arlo Pro system.  Tried QuickTime 7 with same failure.  I could install an aftermarket player or convert all of my Arlo Pro videos to a format that can be played off of the flash drive- but a lot of work and not how it was advertised to work.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro output in regular MP4 format... I don't run QT as a rule but have had no problem accessing and running the videos under VLC ( no conversion required )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed.  It's a QT issue, not specifically Arlo.  All the programs I've tried to view videos can play Arlo's MP4s just fine.

PJMLAW
Apprentice
Apprentice

Netgear represented Arlo Pro would work with Apple systems and offered an Arlo Pro Apple App in the Itunes/Apple Store. It will not play security videos on the flash drive -doesn't work with Apple systems ---unless the Apple customer prevents the Apple System's native player from activation and the customer finds, downloads and uses an after-market player.

Netgear could have devised software that allows an Apple System to play security videos saved on a flash drive to be played by the native embedded player in Apple Systems.

Netgear should have represented Arlo Pro does not work with Apple Systems (will not play saved security videos on flash drive) unless you use an after-market player.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation