Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
chazbot
Follower
Follower

Two iOS 6 iPhones. Was working great for me until I had my wife install the app on her phone, added her as an admin. Now I'm only getting email notifications, no longer push. Neither my wife nor I. I created new modes, reboot the main box, checked notification settings on the OS. I've only had this for 3 days. I need push notifications to be reliable. Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved. Users may need to log out of their iOS app and log back before push notifications start working again.

Thank you all for your patience in this process.

JamesC

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
JBJ
Tutor
Tutor
I updated Apple Watch and I am no longer receiving push notifications on either I phone 6s or Apple Watch.
beegee
Guide
Guide

Arlo Push notifications also just stopped working for me after I updated my iPhone 6 to ios10.2. Rebooted phone, re-logged into Arlo, nothing seems to fix this so far.

GeordieDan
Star
Star

Non-pro but suddenly stopped receiving push updates today - please fix urgently!

Joeymal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue today around same time live in jersey wondering if it could be due to the cold last night ?
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

Same here.

I updated to ios 10.2 4 days ago so thats not it. My push notifications were working last night, but I noticed this morning on my way to the office that I wasn't receiving them. Email notifications are working. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and restarted the base, to no avail. The only thing I did different last night was remove an external hard drive and insert a pair of 64GB USB flash drives. Seeing how multiple users are having issues with notifications it appears to be a Netgear issue.

manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Push notifications are hit or miss for me the last 24 hours. Sometimes I would get a push notification but could not find them in the notification center of my iOS device. This morning I woke up and had no notifications, but three recordings from over night that should have triggered three notifications.

aerys
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here. I had the Arlo pro push ntifications working perfectly for a week and today it just suddenly stopped pushing notifications. Email alerts still arrive.

Firmware and app are the latest.

Modes have Rulea->Push Notifications ticked

Phone allowes notifications

Restarted the base station, still nothing

Restarted the app (exit) nothing

Restarted both iPhone ans IPad, still nothing

Looks like an Arlo infra problem.

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here. I have a trouble ticket opened with Netgear and I included a link to this posting.

I have had the system for 2 weeks. Push notifications were fine all the way up until yesterday afternoon, I received one when UPS delivered something to my front door. Sometime after that push stopped working. Email notifications work fine. Apple devices updated earlier in the week as well as firmware updates to cameras recently, but everything worked after updates.

Sad part is that I purchased the 5 camera setup because I have been having some issues with my Xmas decorations being vandalized as well as a robbery in my neighborhood.

Last night at 11:10 PM, 2 kids no more than 15 years old slashed one of my inflatable decorations. Luckily my wife thought she heard something out front but no notification. I have a recording so that worked but by the time we saw the video and I went to investigate, they were gone.

There is another post similar to this one from earlier in the year and that was a back end issue that Netgear had to fix so I hope they resolve this quickly.

Kulit1234
Tutor
Tutor
Same here. It all started last night.So my push notification stopped working on all my apple devices. It still sends me email but push notification quit working after 2 weeks. I have all the notification on and had deleted the app and reinstalled. I turned off and in my system too to have it reboot but still none. Its just not my iphone but my husband and ipad as well. We have the arlo pro 4 cameras. It was working fine for 2 weekes until last night
PicSniper
Initiate
Initiate
I just want to throw my name in the hat for the notifications that stopped working late last night. Everything has been working perfectly since I installed the system a little over two weeks ago. I purchased the Pro system with four cameras and was working on purchasing a fifth camera, but I'll wait to see what happens with this push notification situation before doing that because I'm still within the return window for the system. Arlo, PLEASE fix this issue since I really like this camera system and it's already installed!!!
iSage
Luminary
Luminary

chazbot wrote:
Two iOS 6 iPhones. Was working great for me until I had my wife install the app on her phone, added her as an admin. Now I'm only getting email notifications, no longer push. Neither my wife nor I. I created new modes, reboot the main box, checked notification settings on the OS. I've only had this for 3 days. I need push notifications to be reliable. Help?

I'm having the same problems as everyone else in this thread, so I'm going to *assume* the problem is on Netgear's end and not the customers' end, since there are so many of us writing about the same problem today ??

I have 3 ARLO wireless cameras and have not received any Push Notifications on any of my iOS devices (iPhones and iPad) since late last night (after 9pm on Thursday, 12-15-16) .

I am getting the email notifications as well as the motion videos in my library, but no Push Notifications at all for any of them so far today either (Friday, 12/16/16).

**NOTE::: If it makes any difference for troubleshooting, I live in the state of Pennsylvania on the east coast. ****

~Susan

x-man
Luminary
Luminary

Its a known issue in the german community.

Since yesterday:

- the push is not working on Ios.

- wrong videoassigning on Android

- sporadic no recording

sporadic error "no connection to mediaserver"

So currently you can not trust on the system.. 

ArcherKoch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've spent an excessive amount of time troubleshooting this on my end. Seeing this thread now affirms that it's clearly an issue on the backend.

After holding for support for five minutes, my estimated hold time was 35-45 minutes! 

Deanomite
Apprentice
Apprentice

I also have this problem.

- not getting notifications on iphone

- playing incorrect video from library on android

Does not receive push notifications on Iphone 6.

Works for me on my android however. 

I am logged in as the main user. She is logged in as a guest with full rights. She gets emails but not the push notifications. I wonder if it has to do with guest permissions.

Tell me if previously any of your guests or added users were receving notifications?

I'm getting conflicting info from Netgear. They told me that guest users are not allowed to get notifications which is limiting. 

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

As far as the guest info you received:

My wife was receiving push notifications up until yesterday as well and she is a shared user on iPhone\iPad.

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary

Same issue today.

I would say that its a Netgear issue with their servers. 

Hopefully someone has submitted a trouble ticket.

ArcherKoch
Aspirant
Aspirant

josephgarvey17 wrote:

Luckily my wife thought she heard something out front but no notification. 

Keep in mind that email notifications are still working at least.

pir8matt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just came to add to the list of users no longer recieving push notifications. Checked all cameras and rules, rebooted base station and phone, nada, zilch, zero, zip. Cameras are still capturing motion but I get no notification. Would rather not turn email notification back on as it generates so many pointless emails. Hope Netgear gets it working soon - the system is kinda useless without the notifications. 

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

ArcherKoch wrote:

josephgarvey17 wrote:

Luckily my wife thought she heard something out front but no notification. 

Keep in mind that email notifications are still working at least.

Yep, email notifications still work. Depending on how people have their email set up (Fetch, Push), push notifications are usually better. Different alerts, etc.... I am also happy that recording is still taking place because I was able to show police and I also sent it to local news and they are showing it tonight.

guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

same issue...push notifications were working yesterday but not today....

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Push notifications doesn't work either I use email instead work around
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ohhhh post your video, i wanna see someone getting caught!

BHazel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Add me to the list of push notifications suddenly stopped working today.

guidodg
Apprentice
Apprentice

just a question....when push notifications are active on the iPhone and the Arlo app is open on the Devices page with the system Armed...are the little men next to the wi-fi strength signal supposed to be green?

Mine are always black.

They turn orange when motion is detected, then they grey out I assume while the app is transmitting the video to the cloud....but I do not receive any push notifications.