Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
skingspan
Luminary
Luminary

A couple weeks ago my email notifications stopped working.  Push notifications are still working fine.  I didn't make any changes and my email address is still setup in My Arlo.  I have checked my span folder and there was nothing in there.  The only thing I can think of is is my ISP is blocking Arlo emails.  Is anyone getting email notififications to a comcast email address?   If that is the case I guess I can just switch to another email address, not ideal though.   

--------------------------------------------
https://wickedsmarthome.blogspot.com/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

skingspan,

It sounds like the ISP blocking Arlo emails could be the issue. You could further isolate this by adding an alternative email address to your rules to see if the new email address get's email from Arlo.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

skingspan,

It sounds like the ISP blocking Arlo emails could be the issue. You could further isolate this by adding an alternative email address to your rules to see if the new email address get's email from Arlo.

JamesC

skingspan
Luminary
Luminary

Interestingly email notifications started coming in again shortly after the moderator replaied to my post.  I assume someone from Arlo called comcast and asked them to stop flagging as spam.

Thanks

--------------------------------------------
https://wickedsmarthome.blogspot.com/
Rzul1
Aspirant
Aspirant
It started happening to me about 3 days ago! I have Comcast as well! I believe they are blocking! Anyone else having this problem?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rzul1,

Consider trying a different email address as described above to further isolate the issue.

Also check your spam folder to make sure the emails are not being filtered there.

JamesC

Rzul1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Very strange! The day that I posted on the board email notifications returned! As of last night they stopped again! I believe it is Comcast is blocking . Nothing showing in spam. I have another camera system that pushes email and it is not happening (DLink). Can I call Comcast to unblock? What do I tell them or is it something Arlo needs to do to get released? Any help appreciated!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Rzul1,

alerts@arlo.com is the address that sends email alerts. If this address is being filtered or blocked, you will not receive the emails.

JamesC

msheldon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased and installed my Arlo system in mid-April.    About 1 week later, the push notifications to my Comcast e-mail account stopped.   After trying to troubleshoot for the following week, I added my Gmail account at the beginning of May to the push notifications.   Since doing that, my Gmail account continues to receive the push notifications while the problem with Comcast persists.

I have disabled all spam filtering on my Comcast account but to no avail.

Many other Arlo customers with Comcast e-mail accounts have described similar difficulty and it appears that Comcast has taken it upon itself to blacklist e-mail from alerts@arlo.com.

Can someone from the Arlo corporation please contact Comcast asking them to resolve this problem on behalf of all customers of both organizations?

Thank you.

Jimviking
Aspirant
Aspirant
My emails just stopped too and I have Verizon still getting push notifications
Rogge
Aspirant
Aspirant

My email notifications were coming thru on my comcast.net email address for 6 months but recently stopped.  My dad had his Arlo system running for only 2 days (installed last week) before his email notifications to a Cox.net email address stopped coming thru. 

I added an alternate non-comcast.net email and receive the email notifications to the alternate address.  I have restarted the Arlo system several times.  I have deleted the comcast.net email address and re-added it several times, saving each change but no luck.

This is very frustrating and I am considering returning my Arlo to Costco for a refund.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation