Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No snapshot function in Iphone app???

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

There is no way to take a snapshot under settings for each camera in the Iphone app. The webinterface automatically takes a snapshot when accesing the settings page for each camera, which is a nice feature, but this does not happen in the app, and the icon to take a snapshot is no longer there. Am I missing something? Do I have to waste my battery to record a bit of video just to get a snapshot??

3 REPLIES 3
Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The snap shot options is still where it was. You need to start a live stream on the camera you want and as soon as the stream starts you will see the video record and snap shot icon.  

devotchko
Luminary
Luminary

So like i said, you cannot take a snapshot without starting a stream, wasting battery. In the web version (and the previous iteration of the app) you could take a snapshot without starting a live stream. Another step backwards.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Either way requires waking up the camera. The extra amount of time needed to start and stop live view can be minimized (star, snap, stop) which are extra steps but not THAT horrible.  I do think that some widgets could be useful additions to the apps, such as a quick snapshot (but how would you know what you're snapping?), turning all motion on/off, etc. Post in the ideas section (use the Submit An Idea button on the right side of the screen) and/or add kudos to existing posts asking for the same thing.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation