Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlophile
Guide
Guide

The server was down for a while today (offline error). When it returned I noticed (or had missed it before) the camera now has a "night mode" switch. Is this new? It is not visible from the iPhone app nor the Android app. Toggling Night Mode does not seem to change the image (testing using Position mode). 

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlophile,

This will allow the user to enable or disable the night vision feature. For more information on night vision take a look at this article: Is night vision working on my Arlo camera?

JamesC

Arlophile
Guide
Guide

Thanks James,

I would like a rule to be able to turn on "night mode" based on motion. Since the LED's are visible and presumably consume power, if the camera detected motion at night, the night mode could turn on just as the camera begins recording. Is this feature possible or perhaps eligible for the "wish list"?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The IR illuminators only turn on when motion is detected. They should never be on without motion or action by you.
Arlophile
Guide
Guide

Thanks. Per the latest update I can manually turn them on by selecting "night mode". That is how I discovered they glow in the visible spectrum. I was not sure if they lit up on their own (when dark an on motion). I'll have to confirm this.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation