Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

This is bad ... think twice about the purchase

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Cim
Follower
Follower

I got this system and loved it .. I have 12 cameras around my house and just bought another system for my mothers house and set it up . It had worked pretty good up till last week .... the update !!  I didn't like the update at all and found the "missing " rules section cumbersome to find and even more cumbersome to navigate , but change happens and you have to deal and I did begrudgingly . IThe truly bad part , I now have all my modes set to motion on 24/7  because we had a problem a month or so ago and I only had it on from 6pm to 9am and missed someone nadalizing property . Well this morning I got an alert saw someone in my yard , I ran home from work and in teh process checked my inside cameras and saw nothing was recording so chalked it up to a trespass, got home , and found out that the mode on one of my base stations was reset during the update ??!!! and none of my inside cameras was recording ? and it took me a while to figure out to get my mode set back the way it was ... THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN !  No one got into my house , but I got this system for the peace of mind I was covered , so if your update changed my mode settings , what else changed ? Will it reset again ?  I no have no faith in my system and think I'll have to look into a new system ... it was a great system up till teh update , now buyer beware

1 REPLY 1
XipperPDX
Guide
Guide

I also had the update invalidate settings I had changed previously, with no warning.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation