Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Must initialize Fabric before using singleton()

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am getting this message when attempting to log into my arlo phone app  "Must initialize Fabric before using singleton()" in an upper  orange coloured banner.  Anyone else?  Arlo?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Alro Community,

We recently released a new Android app that should resolve this error. Please take a look at the Release Notes - Android App 2.0.3_12017 for further details.

Your feedback and confirmation if this issue is truly resolved would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks again for all who contributed their input on this issue!

Best Regards,

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Saw it once today but all's fine now.

P_J
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only get that message when signing in through a tablet. Still very annoying

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy
I got that yesterday too.

I force-stopped the app and then opened it again and it worked.

However, before I reopened the app my wife opened hers on a friend-account and had no problems logging in - she never got the error message. The moment she logged in, a couple of videos were recorded, seemingly without a motion event though.

I don't know if my wife logging in on her phone or me force-stopping the app on mine made the error message go away for me.

You force-stop an app by going into Settings-> Apps-> Arlo and there will be a button that says “Force Stop“.
linksman2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I keep getting this same message on my Android Tablet Arlo App?   Does Arlo support have an answer?????

demetreb
Apprentice
Apprentice

yup...as usual they ask you to remove the app and reinstall it.  Before you do all that , try just resetting/restarting  your phone/tablet.  Both approaches have worked for other users

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

linksman2 wrote:

I keep getting this same message on my Android Tablet Arlo App?   Does Arlo support have an answer?????

I got this message twice on my Android phone. One last night, one this morning.

Both times I was able to get rid of it by force-stopping the Arlo app and starting it again.

To force-stop an App, go into Settings -> Apps, then tap on the app and press the "Force Stop" button.

As always, YMMV.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I had this today and simply logged out and back in which cleared it. Could have been a timing thing.

jgsouthard
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm getting this repeatedly from my Android Arlo app (Android 5.0). It works OK the first time the app is launched after a phone reboot or initial app launch, but I get this error every time I try to launch the app when it was still sitting in memory from the last time it was used. So I have to click on the menu button on the Home screen (lower left on a Samsung Galaxy S5), then swipe the Arlo app to close it completely. I can then restart it successfully.

This is clearly a bug in the program that needs to be fixed, but getting such a ridiculously arcane error message is evidence of sloppy error trapping as well.

I've only had my 3-camera Arlo system for less than a week, but I can tell already that they have a LOT of work to do on the cloud storage and interface apps. The hardware looks pretty good, but the software most definitely looks half-baked.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Arlo Community,

Thank you all for your contribution on this topic. We are aware of this issue and currently working to deploy a fix in the form of an update to the Arlo app for Android. We hope to have this fix released as quickly as possible. We are targeting 3 - 5 days if not sooner barring any unforeseen issues. 

In the meantime, a force quit of the Arlo app should temporarily resolve this error.

We will post an update once we have confirmed the Android app has been officially released to the Google Play store.

Cheers,

Christine 

____
princejohn
Tutor
Tutor
No have called several times say it is only on Android phones and tablets.I have had the problem for nearly two weeks.Eventually it works but I either have to turn phone on and off or delate app and reinstall
princejohn
Tutor
Tutor

cmhogan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I, too, started getting this error on my Android device within the last few days. "Singleton" is a software design pattern which I suspect they use to prevent more than one device from logging into the service. Fabric, therefore, is most likely an object that isn't being initialized before singleton() is called and is throwing this error. This is a programming bug that needs to be patched and reinstalling the app is useless until an update is released. I found force stopping the Arlo app and restarting it clears up the error until it recurs.

Shiloh
Star
Star
Sooner than later please!
PJMilton
Initiate
Initiate
I'm a new customer having installed my 3 cam system yesterday and I am still getting the error... Does this mean it has not been resolved or is there an update that I need to download?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope and nope.  I've been able to get past this by logging out and back in or logging out, backing out of the app, restart the app and log in.  Some people are force stopping the app to do the same thing but I've found that I don't need to.  It may take  3-4 tries before it works but it's a fairly quick process.

princejohn
Tutor
Tutor
I am able to log in this way too.But this should not be necessary to do if app is working properlyThe new updates have screwed the app up.After paying $500 dollars I do nt think I shoul have so many problems.Thank you for your suggestions
princejohn
Tutor
Tutor

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Alro Community,

We recently released a new Android app that should resolve this error. Please take a look at the Release Notes - Android App 2.0.3_12017 for further details.

Your feedback and confirmation if this issue is truly resolved would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks again for all who contributed their input on this issue!

Best Regards,

Christine

____
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Dang! Just had it happen again with 2.03. Nexus 6 with 6.01. Tried clearing the message a few times to log in without quitting the app to no avail. Quit the app by using the back key, no force close, and tried again with no issues.

princejohn
Tutor
Tutor
I got an email mail today claim they fixed problem
princejohn
Tutor
Tutor

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation