Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multi-tenant app question

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
bradj
Follower
Follower

Hi -

Looking at putting in a few cameras in my 4-unit townhome complex. I want the footage to be accessible to all four of us. Can separate users be linked to one account or do we need to share a login? Is there any permissioning (i.e. certain user can only access a certain camera)?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
ibuyufo
Star
Star

In Arlo's web interface there is the ability to invite friends to be able to view the cameras and libraries.  There is also the ability to manage the priviledge the user can have and which cameras can be viewed.

Once the invite has been accepted, the user will need to create a new account which would be associated with your camera system.

Obiwantoby
Guide
Guide

So my wife and I have to upgrade our service plan from the 'free' version to both recieve alerts on our phone?

This is ridiculous. Guess it is time to return and use a local camera set up. Arlo is slick, but nickel and dimed. I can see paying for more feeds, and more space. But for families, I want my wife to view cameras as well.

Require Upgradehttp://i.imgur.com/RaPte0D.png

ibuyufo
Star
Star

What the hell???  I didn't know this super basic feature needed subscription.  That sucks.

Obiwantoby
Guide
Guide

Yeah, this is a huge disappointment. What a weird decision.

rerick
Star
Star

+1 to this! It is ridiculous that I need to upgrade to a different service plan for both my wife and I to be able to access our cameras! Considering sending this system back to the store.

rerick
Star
Star

Removing the concurrent login restriction would fix this for me. That really makes no sense for a product that is aimed at household security. I have a LOT of devices and I use several at once.

Obiwantoby
Guide
Guide

Indeed. Concurrent connection relaxation would fix this. This needs relaxed. I am packing my device up. It works great otherwise, but there is no indication this will be relaxed.

Warning to those looking at this device. It works great, but if you have two heads of household (a couple ... ) this product only allows one of you access.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good afternoon Obiwantoby,

Thank you for your feedback! We are in the process of implementing a change to how the Sharing/Friends feature works. This feature (coming soon) will be included as part of the FREE Basic service level!

If you haven't done so already check out our latest announcement:

Thank you for your feedback!

I am hopeful that these changes demonstrate how important our customer experience is to us here at NETGEAR. Your valuable feedback provides us with the insight and the opportunities to improve our product along with customer satisfaction!

Thanks again for your feedback!

Best Regards,

Christine - Arlo Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Obiwantoby
Guide
Guide

Christine, this is quite refreshing. I appreciate the response and look forward to the updates and changes. I hope Arlo contineus to listen to feedback and respond appropriately. This system can be successful.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation