Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detector doesn't work, camera firmware won't update, time to return?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DianeG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All, I'm so frustrated!  I purchased this system about 2 weeks ago and it worked fine until one of the cameras wouldn't go into motion off mode.  I did everything I could to turn it off and finally I deactivated the base, which was probably a mistake, but one I got it up and running again and resync'd the cameras to it, the motion on mode won't work.  The firmware on the cameras won't update, the base firmware is updated, I removed the batteries, waited a minute and then put the batteries back in, still no update.  I thought this would be a great system for me but trying to get this simple system to work makes me want to throw it against the wall.  Does anyone have any recommendations to fix this?  If I can't get it working by this weekend it's going back.  Another frustrating thing is there is no help number or email and it looks as if I'm the only one having this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Diana,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your Arlo system. Currently I see your base station online with the current firmware being 1.3.2261 (up-to-date) and your camera firmware being 1.1.2074 (which is the current firmware). I will list the steps needed to activate motion detection and deactivate motion detection. 

(Please make sure you have the following modes listed)

All motion on & all motion off

(Note: If you don’t have these modes please create them by clicking “add” in the top right hand corner. Name the Mode “All motion on or All motion off, depending on what action you are needing and click save and save again)

Edit the “All motion on mode” by clicking on the pencil icon to the right.

Please make sure that all cameras you wish to detect motion are check with a green check mark. Once all cameras are configured please click save.

Edit the “All motion off mode” by clicking on the pencil icon to the right.

This mode is to configure no motion detection. Please make sure all cameras

In this mode have a black check mark. After configuring please make sure to click save.

Now please navigate to modes (weekly calendar)

Place the motion detection mode where you need motion detection to happen and place the no motion detection mode where you don’t need motion detection. 

After setting your weekly calendar click save.

If you are still having trouble please let me know and I will reach out to you by phone if need be.

The Arlo Team

David S.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Diana,

I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your Arlo system. Currently I see your base station online with the current firmware being 1.3.2261 (up-to-date) and your camera firmware being 1.1.2074 (which is the current firmware). I will list the steps needed to activate motion detection and deactivate motion detection. 

(Please make sure you have the following modes listed)

All motion on & all motion off

(Note: If you don’t have these modes please create them by clicking “add” in the top right hand corner. Name the Mode “All motion on or All motion off, depending on what action you are needing and click save and save again)

Edit the “All motion on mode” by clicking on the pencil icon to the right.

Please make sure that all cameras you wish to detect motion are check with a green check mark. Once all cameras are configured please click save.

Edit the “All motion off mode” by clicking on the pencil icon to the right.

This mode is to configure no motion detection. Please make sure all cameras

In this mode have a black check mark. After configuring please make sure to click save.

Now please navigate to modes (weekly calendar)

Place the motion detection mode where you need motion detection to happen and place the no motion detection mode where you don’t need motion detection. 

After setting your weekly calendar click save.

If you are still having trouble please let me know and I will reach out to you by phone if need be.

The Arlo Team

David S.

DianeG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks David S, it worked! 

STLSR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Would like to turn 1 camera on off as needed without schedule please
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning STLSR,

You can accomplish this by creating a custom/new mode and configuring how you'd like your individual cameras to behave while the custom mode is enabled. Check out the following article for instructions on how to create a custom mode:

How do I create a Mode to assign different actions to each camera

Thank you for your contribution to the Arlo Community!

Best Wishes,

Christine 

NETGEAR Community Team

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation