Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detection still active even if camera is set to off

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
duucfho
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently integrated my Arlo cameras with my existing SmartThings hub. One camera outside, one camera inside. I recently noticed that when I run a routine to turn off the interior camera whenever someone is home, it does shut it off, but motion detection is still on. AKA I see the IR lights and can hear them click on as I walk by it, even though the camera is set to "off".

I checked inside the Arlo app/site based off the following post, and the mode does show that motion is on. However I can't disable it.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Motion-Detection/Motion-on-will-not-turn-off/td-p/7607

Is there a way to automatically disable motion when the camera is off, and have motion enabled when camera is on? It seems I am just using up battery everytime I walk by the camera when I'm home.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem that what's happening is that you're activating the on/off switch found in Settings, My Devices, your camera. There's a known issue where that switch still seems to leave everything on but no recordings. To get around this, you need to use the Disarmed mode instead. No idea how to do that in SmartThings.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It would seem that what's happening is that you're activating the on/off switch found in Settings, My Devices, your camera. There's a known issue where that switch still seems to leave everything on but no recordings. To get around this, you need to use the Disarmed mode instead. No idea how to do that in SmartThings.

duucfho
Aspirant
Aspirant

If this is a known issue, then it sounds like that's exactly I'm running into. On/Off switch does not affect motion detection settings. Thanks!

jd937
Guide
Guide

Having the same issue. Is there a way to submit a bug report (or to track an existing bug report) w/ Arlo/Netgear?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Click on the Support link at the top of all these pages to open a case with support for raising awareness.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation