Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion on will not turn off

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ejm1618
Follower
Follower

Just recently, all of a sudden when turning the mode to motion off, the system keeps recognizing motion. I have been unsuccesful in turning the motion off. Please offer your assistance so I can appropriately make the necessary changes. I changed the setting via app as well as PC and both have been unsuccessful.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ejm1618 wrote:

Just recently, all of a sudden when turning the mode to motion off, the system keeps recognizing motion. I have been unsuccesful in turning the motion off. Please offer your assistance so I can appropriately make the necessary changes. I changed the setting via app as well as PC and both have been unsuccessful.

If you system keeps seee motion, then maybe your MODE may not be set up right...

Simple test...  Turn all off motion as you have, then go to live camera view screen.  Look at the cameras,  If you see the "running man" in any of the cameras as GREEN, then the mode does not turn off all the cameras ( with all motion detect off, all running men should be gray )

If some are Green, you must go to SETTINGS/MODE and pick the All Motion OFF mode by clicking on the edit pencil.  Look at the end of each camera listed and make sure the 'check mark' at the end of the line is BLACK ( black is OFF, Green is ON )... if all not black, then click the check mark to black.

SAVE as you exit out ! ( some screens require more than one save ).

Run the test as above again to see the running men , all should now be off or Gray.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation