Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection working specific times only - Cloud service is rigged against advertising free 7

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LindseySmithAK
Tutor
Tutor

I noticed that my Arlo cameras motion detection does not use sensitivity mode except from 8:45 - 2pm daily. The time and date selection is not set that would cause this issue.

I login to check my home and will have over 100 videos after 8:45am. Then by 4pm no new motion videos.

I am using the default motion and I have deleted everything and created my own rules. Over and over again.

Even though this is not a paid subscription your sever in the cloud is programmed with an algorithm to stop storing videos to save on cloud space regardless of the 7 day limit. There is no other reasoning behind this anomaly. Do you turn motion off to save on cloud storage space? It appears the free subscription for 7 days isn't the case. It is specific times that Netgear has set for free subscription.

I have reset all my cameras, set up rules to stay away from pre-set rules and noticed that with the app sometimes it seems the system in the cloud, not my router has reset. I have the netgear vuezone older version cameras and Arlo both. I also have a 3rd set up of a different version. Arlo is the only server, that is doing this. It is not my internet and not my set up. It is the system and your programming.

I need my motion sensors to work at night. It this is an attempt to save on cloud space at certain times then you are definitely falsifying your ad of 7 free days with the free service.

The cameras and base station are expensive and having the free service was a plus. But to secretly stop the motion detection from recording into the cloud is underhanded. At the times you have this feature set up the motion icon will trigger and no video will record. This is on the cloud service end and not my equipment. I have monitored and tested this prior to documenting this on your website. I am so disappointed that I had to spend all that time into my equipment to know that you have stopped the feature on your end wanting your customers to think it is their internet service, set up, equipment or lack of movement in camera range. Not to mention that your recent update killed one of my cameras. Very disappointing for what is supposed to be a "security" home surveillance system.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, but IMO, soemething else is going on... not what you think. Been runing Vuezone and now Arlos since they started.

Yes, there is a 7 days of storage for the basic ( free ) level... and yes if you dig into the specs , you'll see the free service allows 1 gb of storage...

BUT, 1) the 1 gb limit had not been enforced since Jan '16 when the recycle bin was deleted, AND  2) there is no special algorithm that stops recording at special times.

Something else is going on...Have you contacted Netgear as to your problem ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation