Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection vs camera Re-Arm time

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Spyder76
Follower
Follower

Is there a Re-Arm cycle that a Alro Pro camera requires after it records a motion event?  It seems like if one event is recorded at 12:01:01am an the recording is set at 10 seconds.  I never get a re-occuring motion event within the same minute.  Thus if there is a reoccuring motion event within the same minute I would miss the recording.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes, although the exact duration of the reset likely depends on a number of things. 15-30 seconds has been reported. I recommend increasing the recording time to overcome this issue.
Erock901
Tutor
Tutor

Increasing the recording time doesn't change the fact that the delayed reset is a problem.  You could set the recording time to 90 seconds but if the incident carries on for 120 seconds, you'll miss the last 30 seconds.  I wish I would've known about this issue before I purchased my Arlo Pro's.  i hope this delay time can be shortened via some kind of firmware upgrade.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

I'm not sure if they notified anyone, but I noticed that in my cameras I now have the ability to either record for a fixed time or to record until motion stops (up until 300 seconds).  That may help you also.

upgrade.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, but it doesn't work.  It records the previously selected time minus 1 second.  It's been stated that this will be removed until fixed.

Edit:  Just checked - it IS gone now.  Check your settings in your modes/rules.  When I reverted back to the static time, it also reverted to 10 seconds.  I don't know how it will respond with the removal before switching back.

kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

Yeah, I tried to delete my post once i realized it wasn't working from the firmware forum but this forum wouldn't allow me to delete it.  I'm not sure why.  Thanks for the clarification, I've already set my times back up on mine when I realized it wasn't working as expected.

nancystevens
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to extend the recording time of the video.   How do I do that?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Mode tab, click on your base and edit your modes.  All settings are in there.

Better yet, create your own custom modes with exactly what you want. When creating a new mode, one camera gets a rule set up.  Save and reedit it to add camera rules.  ANy camera without a rule is disarmed.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation