Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
issaquahbg
Follower
Follower

I have two cameras.  They do a good job most of the time.  Lately, I've needed to reboot the base station to get the cameras to detect motion.  Nothing's changed in the setup, modes, or rules.  I can wave my hand in front of the camera with no results.  Reboot the base station and everything works for about 2 or 3 days.  I tried testing motion detection and the amber light flashes.  In awake mode though, no detection.

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

What OS are you running...?

Are you running the schedule or just turn on motion manually?

A test to see if all is set correctly;  when the camera STOPS detecting motion, go and look at the camera view stills. The "running man" should be GREEN meaning motion is on.... If you find the man is gray then something is changing your settings or they are not correct.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

I experienced something very simular to lastnight.  My system was running on schedule and I was expecting an alert when I drove onto my driveway.  NO ALERT.  I checked my system and noticed the MOTION was not on but everthing else was fine ?????  and yes motion was set to on when I made the schedule !!!!  only thing that fixed it was rebooting the Base Station.....

laurenc
Luminary
Luminary

Hi @issaquahbg,

We have had a small handful of reports such as yours where you see that your modes are Home and Awake and Sleeping. The best way to resolve this is to actually reset the base station. Please follow the steps below while in the same location as the base station. This process should only take a few minutes.

1. Do a simple reset by using a paper clip to press the reset button on the base station for 10 seconds or until all the LEDs on the base station blinks amber.
  2. Your base station will then perform the reset and reboot itself. Please wait until the Power and Internet LED turn solid green.
  3. Resync the cameras as instructed in the quick start guide (one at a time).

You can then log into your Arlo account where you should see the new default modes “All Motion On” and “All Motion Off”. This should alleviate the motion detection issues you were experiencing.

For good measure you should also enable “Auto Update FW” (Firmware) under Settings > Base Station Settings.

Please let us know if you have more questions!

Best Regards,

Lauren

Arlo Team

Rick
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same issue.  Right after I reboot everything works, I don't make any changes to my settings and within a day or two my one camera stops recording motion and sending alerts.  I have rebooted several times and it keeps doing the same, but with just one camera.  And, I have that camera set up correctly.  Starting to get very frustrated having to spend so much time on a daily basis to try and make sure my house and family are safe.

Something I don't understand...on my camera page where I can see both of my cameras.  I see me standing in my driveway looking at the camera, but it didn't record a video and it didn't send an alert, but there I stand!

Please help, I really like to concept of Arlo, but it sounds like from what I have been reading is there are a lot of bugs that need some serious attention.

Thanks!

Rick

aarong1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem. Only in this case only 1 of 4 cameras seems to have come back to normal.  Other 3 are still not functioning correctly.  How many base station reboots or resets before it is declared a faulty unit and needs to be repaired or replaced?  System is not even 3 weeks old (from purchase).

KristynM
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

aarong1000,

Could you provide more insight on how your 3 cameras are not functioning correctly? This could help us isolate what is causing your cameras to not function the way they are supposed to.

Regards,
KristynM
Arlo Support Team
aarong1000
Aspirant
Aspirant

They now only seem to work intermittently.  I do not have a schedule on during the day or at night - just on record on all motion.  All last night nothing triggered the motion.  hard to believe because since installation they would always pick up traffic going by or a dog walking late at night.  

I just re-added all 4 cameras back to the base station yesterday after doing a complete reset on the base station.  Prior to that the cameras would show when prompted to play whatever they were seeing, but would not be triggered on motion.  I even tried to do the positioning / motion test and it failed.  Camera detected no motion and no LED'S lit.

Not sure what else I can tell you.    
coopere
Aspirant
Aspirant

i put the cameras up yesterday and through last night and today working great. they are on the outside of my home. this afternoon and tonight my cameras aren't pickingup any motion at all, no recording. If I have to reboot, that means I have to take my cameras down and resync. that seems like a lot of work...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Normally, you shouldn't need to re-sync after a reboot.  I've rebooted mine many times with no problems.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation