Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Night Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

I seem to have an issue with my cameras detecting/recording motion at night. I initially had the sensitivity set at 30% but I just increased them to 70% right now to see if that changes anything. I sometimes let my dogs out in the backyard late at night to pee/poop and they make the motion lights come on in my back yard. But I find that no video recorded with the camera. I find the same thing with the driveway camera I have set up. Its pointed directly at my driveway and doesn't record anything. Again I don't know if it was the sensitivity or not, which I just adjusted. 

Any idea or suggestions? 

I really want to love this system but the motion detection is concerning me for what this cost me. 

3 REPLIES 3
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

You have to have a good lighting, Angle-height, and set motion sensitivity around 90-100%.. All my 4-cameras are set up & scheduled this way outside at night.. It helps a bit.. Yes, Motion Detection at night is not so good.. Hopefully Arlo Netgear will fix it in the next firmware Update.. 

RegDawg
Apprentice
Apprentice

JPC wrote:

You have to have a good lighting, Angle-height, and set motion sensitivity around 90-100%.. All my 4-cameras are set up & scheduled this way outside.. It helps a bit.. Yes, Motion Detection at night is not so good.. Hopefully Arlo Netgear will fix it in the next firmware Update.. 

So these camera's won't record unless good lighting is there? If thats the case, these camera's would need to be set-up where there's a motion detection light. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

since this new firmware update something has changed and a good lighting at night outside helps.. 

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation