Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Modes disappearing

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
czeldin
Follower
Follower

When i go to Mode, and turn off the Schedule, i see the heading "CHOOSE MANUALLY."  However, the options to actually choose from are missing!  Also, when i turn Schedule back on, the default schedule that used to be there has disappeared.

No Modes

11 REPLIES 11
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

czeldin wrote:

When i go to Mode, and turn off the Schedule, i see the heading "CHOOSE MANUALLY."  However, the options to actually choose from are missing!  Also, when i turn Schedule back on, the default schedule that used to be there has disappeared.

No Modes

czeldin,

Your system is in a state that requires a reset of the base station and a resynch of the cameras. Here's how:

Please ensure that you are at the location of the base station in order to carry out this solution.

1. Reset the base station by holding a paperclip in the Reset hole at the back of the base station. Do this for 10 seconds, or until the LEDs all go amber.

2. Once your base station has restarted and the two left-most LEDs are once again green, sync your cameras to the base station one at a time.

The steps above should correct your Modes. All Motion On means your cameras will be enabled to detect motion. All Motion Off disables motion detection.

By the way, here's a link to the Arlo User Manual:
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/arlo/Arlo_UM_23Dec2014.pdf

Netgear Arlo Customer Support

hadenough
Initiate
Initiate

my modes have disappeared,I have tried a reset which has not fixed my problem. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser?  Have you tried the other?  What do you mean by reset - power cycle or using the reset button?

rmahon
Guide
Guide

I had the same thing happen yesterday for the second time since my purchase in December '15.  How and why does this happen.  Setting up Modes are very time consuming.  Especially when you have mulitple cameras and doing cross-recording.  I made a "record time" change on one of my rules and the famous Arlo birdie gets stuck or the wings are frozen on the screen.  Application on Chrome locks up and you need to close the browser tab.  Restart the application and "POOF", your ENTIRE Mode has disappeared.  Nice trick but not funny.  Please find out why this is happening.

Example.......

Frozen Birdie

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That rather sounds like a browser/computer problem.  While it's certainly possible that it's somehow Arlo-related, I'd try using a different browser.  Some folks have better luck using Chrome or Firefox or whatever - it varies.

rmahon
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the information.  I am using Chrome, it's my work computer, Computer Programmer, but it also happened the first time on my home laptop that I also work from.  I think I can rule out computer, internet/bandwidth(5Gb(work)(55mbps(home), or user error.

So I think I rule your suggestion out as other people have experienced vanishing Modes as well.

theclutch
Star
Star

This has happened to me as well.  I am using both Android app and Internet Explorer.  It first started with me noticing that the new rules I was setting up in modes was not saving.  I first tried this on the Android app and then moved to IE thinking that it was an app problem.  Clearly it was not.  So now, not only can I not make changes, the cameras don't appear to be recording.  Seems like paperweights at this point.  I already hit the reset button and it did not help.  As you know, security is somewhat "critical".  It appears that you guys made software updates that may not necessarily be fully tested.  If this isn't resolved soon, then you wiil likely get bad reviews in soclal media.  I am 5 months into this and was actually pleasantly surprised that the original batteries are still working.  But now this.  I need my system back up and running!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe you can try a different browser. I'm not sure what may be happening to you but it's either the method being used to make the changes or the modes themselves. If the latter, try making brand new modes with the same setting ngs and see if that works.

rmahon
Guide
Guide

Good Evening theclutch, the browser has no impact whatsoever. Trying a different browser was recommended to me also when I was already using Chrome. The browser does not cause the software to lock up and mysteriously drop modes. I can give you some advice, do screenshots of your Modes. I have found this helps when you need to re-create them in the future. It will happen again!!!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

theclutch,

Have you tried physically rebooting the base station (using the the on-off button)? Is this an intermittent issue or are you always unable to make custom modes/rules?

JamesC

theclutch
Star
Star

I could have sworn I posted a reply to this already stating that I managed to fix it.  It has nothing to do with the browser since I tried using Chrome and Firefox (on top of the original IE) and the Modes were still disappeared from the Schedule.  This held true even after doing a "Reset" from the browser which seemed to do something - but not fix the Modes not showing issue.  I DID NOT turn on/off the base unit and DID NOT try to reset the base unit with a paperclip as mentioned on another thread.  I did not do this since it would mean that I would have to retype every single setting I had for all my cameras.  This would be a major pain even if I had screen shots.

So how did I fix it?  For some reason, the Modes reappeared in the Android app version.  All I did was re-save a Mode in the Schedule and then all the Modes reappeared in the browser version.  All my original settings were there.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation