Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Lag between recordings

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JK2015
Star
Star

I realize that Arlo can't do continuious recording while motion is present (major bug in my humble opion), but how do I adjust the lag between recordings if there is still motion (heat)  present.  I have had several situations were people and critters were still active after the inital recoreding and even thought it's obvious they were still active, no subsequent video activated.  

How long does Arlo wait to kick off a new video and how do I adjust that defult?

Thanks

JK

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's no way to change the inter-video lag. That's totally dependent on the whole system. It appears the best you can expect is 15 seconds between videos. Changing the recording time is all you can do to try to capture more. The Q cameras have continuous recording capability (CVR) if that's useful.

JK2015
Star
Star

Even 15 seconds would be fine.  I had a critter digging right in front of the camera and it captured the initial incident and then again 25mins later - another security camera has him there the whole time.  

What are the "whole system" factors you refered too - I may have the ability to control serveral of them

Thanks

JK

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The "system factors" means the whole process between camera noting motion to the servers responding and back again.  That doesn't explain not picking up the motion a second time but the exact positioning of the camera could.  Remember that motion is best detected by movement across the FOV.  An animal digging may not cause enough motion to be detected but that would be a tough one to call without trying different positionings (angle up or down as well as left and right).  And then getting it right for that one scenario may not work for another.

Maybe a screenshot would be useful? Note where the other camera is, too, as well as whether the other camera is powered or battery-operated.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation