Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mode

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
kaliegh2003
Aspirant
Aspirant

I looked in F&Q's and could not find an awnser. I would like to know what the difference between Armed Motion detection on and all motion detected custom mode. I only turn my camera on at night because I'm retired and don't leave my house much. Does one save battery life better than the other?  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

kaliegh2003 wrote:

I looked in F&Q's and could not find an awnser. I would like to know what the difference between Armed Motion detection on and all motion detected custom mode. I only turn my camera on at night because I'm retired and don't leave my house much. Does one save battery life better than the other?  Thank you

The defaults are ARMED and DISARMED...  Armed turns ALL the cameras on and Disarmed turns them ALL OFF.

A Custom MODE can be ALL or ANY of the cameras you have depending on how many you have included in the mode.

When the cameras are LIVE or RECORDING, they use the most power... In MOTION DETECT mode (ARMED) they are on standby with basicly the PIR ( part that detects motion ) only active using a small amount of power.    In DISARMED, all the cameras are in a sort of sleep mode using almost no power at all.

Hope this answers your questions

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

kaliegh2003 wrote:

The defaults are ARMED and DISARMED...  Armed turns ALL the cameras on and Disarmed turns them ALL OFF.

A Custom MODE can be ALL or ANY of the cameras you have depending on how many you have included in the mode.

When the cameras are LIVE or RECORDING, they use the most power... In MOTION DETECT mode (ARMED) they are on standby with basicly the PIR ( part that detects motion ) only active using a small amount of power.    In DISARMED, all the cameras are in a sort of sleep mode using almost no power at all.

Hope this answers your questions

Morse is faster than texting!
kaliegh2003
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I new to this and have only had my camera about 3 weeks. I plan on getting another next month. Mary Lou

Gil100
Tutor
Tutor
What is the geofencing mode?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Geofencing (a quick Google will elaborate) uses a mobile device to determine whether you're at home or away and causes an action based on that.  In Arlo's case, it's a matter of choosing appropriate camera modes depending on those factors.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation