Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

"Record until activity stops" no longer an option?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

I was trying to reconfigure the recording times, and found the FAQ, then sorted out where it is in the admin page.

The FAQ says that I can set it to record from 10-120 OR "Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec)".

Yeah, I don't seem to have the option to record until activity stops. Tried in the app, on Firefox and on Internet Explorer.

Did they remove that feature?

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, it is not removed... But it is not available on Arlo, but  on Arlo PRO

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

The FAQ says it is for Arlo as well. So the FAQ is wrong, and is next to useless, requiring me to waste my time and the Community's posting a question for which their answer is incorrect...

About standard for Netgear.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-adjust-Arlo-video-recording-length/ta-...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm sorry, but your not correct... it does not say Arlo camera  ( the Brand name is Arlo.. there are .Arlo, Arlo Pro, Arlo Q, etc )

read the first paragraph;

"You can personalize your Arlo cameras to record videos from approximately 10 to 120 seconds long. On Arlo Pro Wire-Free, Arlo Q, and Arlo Q Plus cameras, you can also set your camera to record until motion stops, up to 300 seconds (5 minutes)."

Morse is faster than texting!
LewisC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess the question is - why does the original Arlo not have this feature?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know.  It has never been offered - a hardware mimitation issue?

LewisC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Either that or a upgrade incentive.