Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
katzedame
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

My cameras give a ":connection failed"  when I try to see a live picture with the internet access.  When I select settings and pic a camera, the picture is updating, because the is a difference in the lighting level.   

I can, however, access the live video on my Droid phone.  

I have tried IE, and Chrome on my PC, and Safari on my Mac.  No "live" video.   All three cameras report :connection failed. I have waited over an hour, logged out, and back in to no avail. 

I can get into my arlo base station, and see everyting, but just cannot connect to the camera's for the live video feed. 

Help! 

9 REPLIES 9
trisann
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to restart my cameras several times and to no avail.  It keeps stating messaging is down!

JG-
Tutor
Tutor

I also posted this same issue - no matter what browser the camera feed would not show live, but it was fine in the app. I didn't get an reply as to why this would be. In the meantime, I consistently have had issues between my camera and base losing connection (which is a different problem and already posted in a different forum, but cumulatively annoying). 

geofflord
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. If I log in via the internet on my laptop I can see my alert videos and delete them but I cannot access my cameras. I get a message saying "your defice is not connected". Well if it is not connected how come arlo send me email alerts?

If I access via the app on my Android phone everything is fine, I can see my cameras, clear my alert videos and change modes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a different browser to see if that helps. If so, you can try clearing the cache in your usual browser.  ALso, make sure both the browser and Flash are the latest versions.

katzedame
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I did figure out what was going on in my situation.   There is a firewall at work, that blocks arlo live streaming, but does not block belkin live streaming.  😕  Not sure how the live feeds are set up, and how they differ, but I can't watch live video from the arlo from work.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, work issues aren't that uncommon.  Two options - 1) talk to your IT/network guys and see if they'll open things up for you (arlo.netgear.com on ports 80 and 443), 2) use your phone on cell (3/4G) service.

Greg88
Tutor
Tutor

So I set up an Arlo 3 camera system yesterday.   Everything worked fine.  I was getting email alerts for detected motion and I was able to access each camera setup and change settings and I was able to view LIve video--> (On my windows PC and on my Android Tablet and my Android Phone)  

* Things changed overnight!   This morning I still get the email alerts and I can click on them and view the recorded videos but I can't see a live view any more.   It says "Camera Disconnected"  It won't let me go into the camera settings at all.     I can't reach any of my three cameras.   It has a message at top that says 'up date flash player'.   Why should I update flash player when it worked perfectly yesterday as it is?   

Any help is much appreciacted! 

This person had similar issues:

"I am having the same problem. If I log in via the internet on my laptop I can see my alert videos and delete them but I cannot access my cameras. I get a message saying "your defice is not connected". Well if it is not connected how come arlo send me email alerts?

If I access via the app on my Android phone everything is fine, I can see my cameras, clear my alert videos and change modes."

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The servers were having obvious problems this morning.  It may have straightened out now but http://downdetector.com/status/aws-amazon-web-services/map/ still shows issues with the AWS servers.

Greg88
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!  Yes everything seems to be working now.    

I am very new to the Arlo camera systems.  How frequently do these network/server outages occur?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation