Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bill502
Tutor
Tutor

Why after the firmware update does my library show 18 videos when there is only one or what ever amount of alerts I get. First I was only seeing 9 now it's 18 it shows the same on iPhone and iPad?

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree something's off or I'm missing something. The workaround I'm using is to click on the number in the Cameras tab on each camera to reset the counter. Going into the library should reset it by itself but right now I'm resetting manually. Be aware that set the filter so you may need to reset the filter to see all videos at once.

Bill502
Tutor
Tutor

Just noticed that the calender in the library is stuck on Sept 1st also. Library counts are still starting at 18 plus any new alerts.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I find the counts seem to reset ok if using a browser but for the apps I need to click on each camera's count to set the filter to just that camera to reset the counter (do it for each camera).

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Bill502,

After visiting the library the counter should be reset as described by jguerdat above.

I have tested this and the library counter is behaving correctly during my tests. Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The way it used to work was just by visiting the library the counts would reset. It still does that with a browser but not with the app, at least the Android one. I've also found that going directly the library, selecting a video and swiping to another will reset the count without having to select the counter for each camera. I'd prefer that mimicking the browser method of simply visiting the library be able to reset all counts.

Bill502
Tutor
Tutor

My library doe reset after I view any videos that have been recorded.The issue is if one video is recorded it shows 9 or if 2 it shows 18 and some times the number is random. I usually go into the library and view and delete and videos unless theres any thing I want to keep and then download them and delete them off the server.

Bill

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think I can confirm that. While I haven't checked it like you sometimes the numbers just don't seem to relate to reality so I manually reset them as above.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Updates were released for the iOS/Android Arlo mobile app and the web client recently. If using the web client, you may have to clear your browser cache prior to seeing the new changes.

Are you still seeing this behavior after the updates?

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The browser has always worked properly. It's the app that has the problem. I have multiple Android devices on Android 6 and 7 and they all do this. To clear them, the easy thing to do is to click on the number for each camera in the Devices tab to set the filter and repeat with every other camera that has a number displayed.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation