RE: Criminals sneak into my ARLO account and deleted part of images

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Ceciliayu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have serious problems with ARLO NETGEAR CAMERA.  I found that recently some people sneak into my ARLO account and deleted some of the important images - those images are crooks break into my resident.  I phone the Greek Squad team whom installed the camera for me at my home.  I suspected that those installers they knew everything of my account because they set up the account for me at my home.  They know the passwords and how my home camera set up.  Later on, I use and relie on this home camera for my home security purpose.  However, I found that recently, crooks are keeps on break into my home and deleted part of the images from my ARLO account.  Therefore, I have no criminal evidences submit to police.  I want to find out whom are they have all my account information and work with the group of criminals to break into my home.  They are crooks behind the scene.  All I can think of is the installers whom completed the installation for me at my home.  I WANT SOMEONE IN AUTHORITY AT ARLO NETGEAR HOME SECURITY CAMERA help me with this serious matter.  

I am looking forward to your reply ASAP!  Thank you.

16 REPLIES 16
CaptainDork
Apprentice
Apprentice

Change your Arlo password. Click here for instructions.

I doubt anyone is accessing your account to delete video. More likely, the camera settings (angle of view, sensitivity to motion, etc.) are not optimal.

To test this, have your Arlo cameras email the video to you via alerts.

That way, even if the videos are deleted on the Netgear servers, you have a copy in your email Inbox.

To set email alerts, click here.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ceciliayu,

Was the content older than 7 days? On the Arlo Basic subscription plan, content older than 7 days will automatically be deleted. We advise you download and store locally any content you wish to keep for future use.

If you're sure someone accessed your account without your permission and deleted the content, I advise you change your account password as suggested above.

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

CaptainDork wrote:

To test this, have your Arlo cameras email the video to you via alerts.

That way, even if the videos are deleted on the Netgear servers, you have a copy in your email Inbox.

On a pc,

captain.... FYI , the email only contains the link to the video on the server and a snapshot. It only plays the link but doesn't d/l it..... D/l is a separate step

Also, If the actual vid is deleted from the library(server) the email says vid not found

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Ceciliayu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Captain Dork,

Thank you for your reply to my urgent matter.  I follow your instruction and changed the password.  However, I cannot change the setting in motion detection section, I try many times click on alert and my email address had a X sign behind email address and seem like it locked.  The installer do this for me the first time they set up the account for me.  I follow the exact instruction that you send to me in email.  Even I look at the picture and do exactly what you shown on the picture.  However, I cannot release the lock installer put it on and redo it again.  I am not very good at computer.  Would you please send to me your phone contact number that way you can help me in a better way.  I am urgently in need of your help because my home has been break in again last night.  I am looking forward to hear from you soon.  Thank you very much.

Ceciliayu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Captain Dork,

Thank you for your reply to my urgent matter.  I follow your instruction and changed the password.  However, I cannot change the setting in motion detection section, I try many times click on alert and my email address had a X sign behind email address and seem like it locked.  The installer do this for me the first time they set up the account for me.  I follow the exact instruction that you send to me in email.  Even I look at the picture and do exactly what you shown on the picture.  However, I do not know how to release and redo it again.  I am not very good at computer.  Would you please send to me your phone contact number that way you can help me in a better way.  I am urgently in need of your help because my home has been break in again last night.  I look forward to hear from you ASAP.  Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ceciliayu,

The "X" you are referring to is to remove an e-mail address from e-mail alerts. As long as you have "Send email alert" enabled you must have at least one e-mail address entered. If you would like to disable e-mail alerts, simply uncheck "Send email alert".

If you would like to contact the Arlo Support Team, please take a look here for support options: Support Center

JamesC

fatcat25
Aspirant
Aspirant

sorry that happened.  I had some problems right after geek squad came and set up my router, soon afrer that somenone hacked into my router and stole music and videos thru viacom, and I got a cease and desist order.  I had to go in and change ALL my passwords from router to security cameras.  I suggest you go in and do that too, IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!  I mean EVERYTHING>>>>  Your router, your cameras, your tv, internet and netflix accts, everything!  Email acct too.  I know its a pain, but that was the only thing that stopped it.  Can't do much to retrieve the lost footage, hate to pay geek squad again with that sensitive info.  GOOD LUCK....

Let us know what happens.

LIzz

fatcat25
Aspirant
Aspirant

go into mode on the top.  then pick your  device, make sure its armed.  In that menu, then pick which camera you are setting.  Go into motion detected under the camera you want, and set it there, save your settings and do it to each camera.  then you're done

fatcat25
Aspirant
Aspirant

cecilia, you have to be in your arlo acct, not the email alert to change the settings, then see the last email I just sent,

Lizz

pafields817
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried this myself.  Especially because the videos are only available for 7 days.  However, if you delete the video from ARLO, then the video does not work in the email .  Basically they only give you an embedded link.

fatcat25
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was hacked into also and they robbed me (8,000-10,000$)  The picture you want to save you MUST download it before it disapears.  There are a few ways to do that.  On your computer I think you can R click andit will give you the option to DL the file.  Then choose where you want to save it.  Otherwise yes, it WILL go away after 7 days,  Good luck and CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I have a Python script which will download all videos (not deleted ones) that can be scheduled on your computer to automate the process.  That way you'll never lose a video unless you delete it.  I recommend NEVER deleting videos in the library to help prevent these issues.

If you're interested in the script, PM me your email address.

fatcat25
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat:  I would be interested in the program.  However, on my computer, if I need to save a video, I can r click on it and save it to file.  It's pretty easy.  I wouldnt want to save all the false alarms.  I set that thing off every time I go outside.!  And I'm out there allot till harvest is over.  I also added an electric fence since my cameras were hacked (I think) and they caught NOT ONE PICTURE when I was robbed. (MF"S)  can you post the site on here, don't know if they let you put up your email.(some sites block that not sure if they do here)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Blocking email addresses isn't done here bug you should never do it in an open forujm anyways. That's why I said to PM me your address. It's not something that can be posted here so email is how I distribute it.

fatcat25
Aspirant
Aspirant

JGuerdat, ok then I guess I'm not very smart because I do not know what you mean by PM you my address then.  Not sure what that means or how to do that.  But would love to learn

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A PM is a Private Message and is used on many forums.  If you haven't used forums much you wouldn't know about this without poking around.  To send any user a PM, click on the username on the left of a message.  That will take you to the user's profile.  On the right side is a link to send a private message.  From there, you enter the message similar to what you would do here to create a post.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation