Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue saving a rule after editing

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kingpro
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue when trying to EDIT current rules or adjust New Rules. If I try to use the the browser ( Latest version of FF or Chrome and Arlo iOS App 2.3.2 ) I can make my adjustments but the SAVE button is greyed out after making the changes and it won't let me save the the new settings.

The only work around that seems to work is to create a New Rule. But, the SAVE button won't become active until I follow this process.

Motion Detected>Do Nothing>Send Push Notification.

Why would I want a Push Notification if it "Does Nothing" ? BTW, it doesn't actually send a Push Notification when it "Does Nothing". But it's the only way to make the SAVE button active so you can click and SAVE the new rule.

I had to do this because my camera was recording video every minute even with the sensitivity turned all the way down. I'd wake up with 500 clips in the library of a bug flying by the camera and my Battery at 30%.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kingpro,

If you try to edit the rules making it so no notification alerts (push or email) and no recordings are made upon motion detection this is the same as there not being a rule. This is why you cannot save the rule. If you do not want notifications or recordings from your camera, simply do not include a rule for that camera.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation