Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 23 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Lionel
Follower
Follower

10 REPLIES 10
David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello Lionel,

We won't know for sure until the product comes out and we (The Arlo team) have a chance to conduct testing. I would like to say yes it would work but we can't be certain that it would.

AlexisAndrews
Star
Star

well we want it

please keep us in the loop

Target_Acquired
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes, definitely interested!
zackstark
Tutor
Tutor

Would be a huge plus!

froder
Tutor
Tutor

Folks, is the Homekit integration on the road map? This feature will be really atractive

BrianL
Master
Master

Hi froder,

Kindly post it here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange and give it a kudos. If this request or post will garner more kudos, the more it will get more attention. Sharing ideas will help our development team improve add more features and product functionality in the future. 

Kind regards,

BrianL

Arlo Team

drmacmike
Initiate
Initiate

I recently purchase an arlo system. I really like it and how easy it is to set up. I to would really like for it to work with HomeKit. Since HomeKit is Apple they usually support the best systems and around. I think your arlo system can be considered a "best system". The integration of HomeKit into the arlo system would really give extra endorsement to your product in my opinion.

Please consider integrating HomeKit into the arlo system.

Proudcraftsman
Initiate
Initiate
Apple HomeKit would be a wise move Arlo.
Security is a growing business and you would be best to move fast on this.
spinfits
Initiate
Initiate

If your product is compatible with HomeKit, you'd know it.

HomeKit requires secure hardware which is certified by Apple. 

There may be a work-around but if HomeKit were a feature, they would be touting it.

This is really a shame because otherwise this product is perfect for my needs.

Without HomeKit compatability, I will have to pass because I only purchase compatible items for my home.

What a shame too as I like the other specs of your product.

Let us know when you include HomeKit. 

tom1234
Initiate
Initiate

I just got off the phone with Netgear Support.  The new Arlo Pro is not Homekit enabled.  On their support forums and when speaking with them, they at first are very unclear about whether they support it or not. I think they are looking for the average person who won't know any better.  But if you drill down and ask if the Apple chip is actually installed on their product, they will eventually say no.  The support person tried telling me at first that the old cameras are Homekit compatible so this must be as well.  Then he said that I could use IFTTT to connect with Homekit.  Again...not clear and very misleading. What a major disapointment...such a perfect solution and I am forced to go with Canary...who is releasing their homekit enabled security camera in days.  

Not sure who is making decisions over there, but I'm not sure why you would make a product like this and not support Homekit. Would have spent the $649 today if it was compatible.  Lastly, the confusing and misleading answers on these forums and when reaching out to Netgear is borderline dishonest.  I believe there was a Cnet article that mistakenly said that this was Homekit compatible which made matters worse. 

Tom

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 23 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation