Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IR Illuminator/Floodlight/Spotlight

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
GusMcCrae
Follower
Follower

I am looking into possibly adding extra IR light to my driveway to help out my Arlo cameras.  I want it to be a pretty significant jump from the light just from the cameras themselves.

However, I don't want the light source to have the red glow like the cameras do.  One product I am considering is a light I found on Amazon.com called the CMVision IR-200-940 Illuminator.  It states that it has an invisible 940 nm  IR wavelength. Or maybe a similar product.

Can the Arlo's see the 940nm light?

Will this aid my cameras at all?

If they do work, would it be possible to tape over part of the Arlo camera face to hide the IR leds and still allow the camera to work, relying solely on the external illuminator?

Also, any recomondations on good invisible IR outdoor lights instead of what I mentioned above?

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru
Dont know if the IR floods you mention will work in filter passband. Can tell u that the built in illuminators are 850nm. I have use some 850nm floods and can say the flood light increased the night viewing area 3x or so so if the 950 s are visible to the cam it will help too BTW, I use the older vuezone external floods. Some have masked over the internal ir s (if use inside a window the ir reflects to much) so it's possible, all u wold need would be the lens and pir sensor uncovered
--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation