Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Merman
Guide
Guide

The setup screens do not sync between devices. Very confusing. If I log into system settings on my iPhone and arm the system then log into system settings on my iPad, if settings were last set to unarmed, (on iPad) they are still indicated to be unarmed. If I then arm then disarm using iPad, then log in using iPhone, the system is still indicated to be armed. You can't trust settings when logging in with multiple devices, even though you get booted off one device when logging in with another. What's the secret?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of iOS has been released. Please visit the App Store and update to the latest version and let me know if you are still experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try reinstalling the app on all devices.  I have no problems when using multiple devices.  There's no secret, just something that seems to be weird in your installation.

Merman
Guide
Guide

No joy. I deleted the Arlo app from both iPhone and iPad and reinstalled. I logged in first with iPhone and armed the system. Then I logged in with iPad and it indicated the system was unarmed. When I logged back in with iPhone it indicated armed. Don't understand how one device can say armed and the other unarmed. Does Netgear monitor these posts?

kazanski173
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. I create custom mode on my Mac, log into the app on the iPhone or iPad, and that custom mode isn't there. Nor is the mode the cameras are working in changed. How do I get all of these devices to speak to the Base and get back the same info?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Merman, kazanski173

I have not been able to replicate this issue. What iOS devices/OS versions are you using that are displaying this behavior?

JamesC

Merman
Guide
Guide

Iphone 6 Plus and iPad Pro 9.7 inch both running iOS 9.3.2.

kazanski173
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same iPad Pro 9.7 with iOS 9.3.2. On the Mac I interface with Chrome browser version 51.0.2704.103

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Merman, kazanski173

Thank you for the information. I have created and escalated a case regarding this issue. I will post an update as soon as I can.

JamesC

kazanski173
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC Is there any update to this case you can share?

ac5
Aspirant
Aspirant
The same issue has been happening to many people. If you check the other forum on wireless trouble shooting you will see other people with the same problem. It has to be a programming issue
ac5
Aspirant
Aspirant

ac5
Aspirant
Aspirant
according to the other forum, the iOS is not functioning properly. You can control the cameras from your desk top and don't believe what your iOS is saying. You can also completely shut down your Arlo app and restart it and it should work temporarily until you use another device to log in.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kazanski173,

This issue is still being investigated by the engineering team. I will provide more information as soon as I can.

JamesC

Merman
Guide
Guide

Discovered something this morning. Again, going into work earlier than normal and needed to disarm the system. It was running on schedule and armed. Using iPhone 6 Plus, opened the app and cameras screen indicated system not armed. I knew it was. I logged out of the app and back in and cameras page still indicated not armed. The mode page indicated armed and on schedule. I then double pushed the home button on my phone and closed the Arlo app from the background. When I reopened the app, I noticed the white screen briefly and “signing in” and “getting status” was indicated. Everything worked as expected. After getting to work I opened the app and did not get the white screen and signing in / getting status. Things were again not as expected regarding camera status. I closed the app in the background again and reopened. Signing in / getting status once again indicated and all systems were happy. So, not sure if the app or the Apple IOS is to blame, but they’re not playing well together. I’ll try this with the iPad and web client this weekend.

Mark

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of iOS has been released. Please visit the App Store and update to the latest version and let me know if you are still experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

Merman
Guide
Guide

James,

So far, so good. It apears the new ios forces a signing-in or at least a getting-status each time I open the app on my iPhone or iPad. Think you've got a winner..... thx

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation