Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
MIDGET
Follower
Follower

but I did an update and now, even with all notifications set to yes, I get no emails. Any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
AskMcGowan
Star
Star

I turned my emails off because they annoyed me but here is how you can make sure emails work - 

From the app or website, log in and go to:

Settings > Rules > Select the rule of choice (normally there is one rule per camera) > Here you will see something like:

IF THE FOLLOWING: bla bla bla

THEN DO THE FOLLOWING: bla bla bla

AND DO THE FOLLOWING: Select this and make sure "Send email alert" is turned ON (it will have a check mark next to it)

If there is that ON then contact Arlo support because you should be getting the emails as notifications.

MichaelHein
Star
Star

It would be kind of nice if we had a "Test email" setting in the rules........just to verify that the email addresses are corret.  What is the expected latency for Arlo notification emails?  Do they get batched up, or are they sent out immediately?

AskMcGowan
Star
Star

Speaking from personal experience over the past two days.

The time actually differs. From what I have seen the intent is to either have it sent when motion is detected or when the video has finised recording, I am not sure which one, however it is pretty instant.

There have been times I get them the push notification ahd the email at the same time, others the email came in first and others the notification came in first. 

So to answer the question it is pretty immediate (based upon your current connection for recieving emails and connection for sending).

daveC_Colo
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here - received email notifications when first set up - after updates, no emails - reset base station and cameras to no avail.

MichaelHein
Star
Star

The emails stopped somehow.....but I'm getting consistent alerts on my arlo app on my iphone.  Is this an either or type situation as in, when the iphone app is logged in, emails are turned off?

David_NG
Arlo Employee Retired

MIDGET wrote:

but I did an update and now, even with all notifications set to yes, I get no emails. Any ideas?

Is it possible that the e mails are going into your spam folder? Have you check there? 

Erotemata
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem here. Emails stopped after upgrade on 22 May. Nothing changed by me. This needs to be fixed ASAP. I rely on motion email alert to check my cams.
joyce77
Initiate
Initiate
I've been trying to turn off my email alerts and when I go into settings and turn it off, it comes right back on. Any suggestions?
Erotemata
Tutor
Tutor

Is it possible that your 'schedule' is overriding your choice? If so, and you don't need schedule, go to 'Mode' and disable SCHEDULE. Or maybe you are not saving the changes to your mode. Look for the 'save' after the change, then I think you have to save again or 'done', but not sure. I remember it required a click on 2 screens. If all else fails create a brand new mode with e-mail deselected.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation