Arlo still being developed?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

I understand that when a product is released it has developers on hand to help with any release issues.   However, I haven't seen anything new fixed on the Android apps since I purchased it a few months back.    Has netgear sent their developers to other projects...or can we hope for a fix to issues in the future?

Most pressing to me is:

- Arlo Notifications do not work on locked android devices.   Bottom line is your house gets broken into and Arlo doesn't alert you.

- Arlo needs a text notification option.  Otherwise some vendors (ie AT&T) just get a bunch of HTML in text message.

- On/Off feature via android app takes to long to get to, and usually doesn't initiate properly (ie the app has to be forced closed and relaunched)

4 REPLIES 4
StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

I notice now that they updated the android apps just a few days ago, which is good.

Just no fixes to the items I listed apparently, but there's hope.

despod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo will push notifications to locked android devices (lollipop) as long as you've Notifications set to display on the lock screen.

StuBee
Luminary
Luminary

My device(s) are not lollipop...

Also keep in mind that other apps can properly send notifications when locked (like whatsapp).

I also provided the arlo developers what I thought the programming issue was a couple months back (ie there is an arguement in the android push notification command to go to devices whether locked or not)

angstwad
Tutor
Tutor

In order to fix some of Arlo's shortcomings, I wrote an app to take Arlo alerts and send them on through as text alerts with images.  It's availble to the public, and while SMS alerts are not free (I pay an SMS gateway provider to ensure deliverability), I'm delivering them at cost.

Give it a shot at https://textmeplz.com.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation