Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Trailrider
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have no idea what model number.  Where is it supposed to say?  It's a wireless Arlo with three cameras.  The problem is my screen doesn't look anything like what the manual says.  I have no modes, rules or base station setting.  Very frustrating.  I thought this was supposed to be easy  Man Sad  Anyone know what the problem is?  I really appreciate it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trailrider
Aspirant
Aspirant

After many hours of trying to figure this out and asking again in the forum I finally contacted Arlo using live chat.  I couldn't see the schedule because of Safari.  I wasn't doing anything wrong nor was there anything wrong with the product.  It was my browser.  When I open with Firefox the calendar is there.  Just for your info in helping others.  Thank you for your patience and help.  It was frustrating on my end when I couldn't see what I was supposed to see like the manual and Utube.  It simply wasn't there on my Mac.  Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, there was an update at the end of last year and the manual for the wireless cameras have never been updated.  You can click on the Support link above and check out the various FAQs and videos for help but to answer your question directly, click on the Mode tab.  In there, select your base station and you'll see 3 selections.  Two are modes and shouldn't be changed - Armed (all cameras enabled) and Disarmed (all cameras off).  There's also Schedule which isn't a mode but is how you will eventually set up your schedule after you've created modes and rules.

Click on Add a Mode and go through the basic setup.  To add more than one camera rule to the mode you'll need to save the mode at the end and re-edit it.  Select an additional camera, make your settings and save.  Repeat as needed until all your cameras/rules are set up as you wish.  Note that only one mode can be active at a time so set up multiple modes with rules that have the appropriate cameras in them.  That way you can manually select the mode to be active or set up your schedule.

Yell with questions.

Trailrider
Aspirant
Aspirant

After many hours of trying to figure this out and asking again in the forum I finally contacted Arlo using live chat.  I couldn't see the schedule because of Safari.  I wasn't doing anything wrong nor was there anything wrong with the product.  It was my browser.  When I open with Firefox the calendar is there.  Just for your info in helping others.  Thank you for your patience and help.  It was frustrating on my end when I couldn't see what I was supposed to see like the manual and Utube.  It simply wasn't there on my Mac.  Thanks again.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation