Arlo recording issues

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
kamason208
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo cameras that were installed last night.  I downloaded the app to my android and got everything set up on my computer - I can see both cameras on the phone and the laptop when it's live.  There are 3 modes - Armed, Disarmed and Schedule.  I chose Schedule and put the times in that I want it to record.  I have the motion sensor set to 80.  I tried a bunch of different things trying to set it up to record and send me an email and a text - it doesn't do any of these things.

I need to know how to get it to record then send me a message via email and text.  Help?!?!

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First off, what mode is enabled? If the running men in the cameras tab are gray, nothing will be detected/recorded, implying Disarmed is selected in the mode tab. Verify either Armed or the schedule is selected by the green dot at the left.

kamason208
Aspirant
Aspirant

"Schedule" is the one I selected.  Right now, only one of the cameras has a black running man.  (I can't remember what happened yesterday, although I think I remember that both were gray.  It was also set to schedule yesterday.)  I get no texts or emails letting me know of any activity until I get home from work.  Why does it only work when I'm home?  I need to be informed when I'm not home.

I also have another question...can I set it up to record constantly between certain hours AND send me texts?  For example, can I set it to record continuously from 8am - 6pm and send me a text when there's movement?  I ask this because of the lag time.

kamason208
Aspirant
Aspirant

Also, the camera with the black running man doesn't give me the option to manually record...

kamason208
Aspirant
Aspirant

And now both men are gray.  This is only day 2 of having this and I'm ready to return it.  Again, I have Schedule set and armed for 8am - 6pm

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Drop back and punt.  Select Armed as the active mode.  Do the running men turn black?

kamason208
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just switched it and both running men are black for right now, but I am still in my house. When I leave I stop getting alerts - it doesn't matter where I am. I'm heading out, so I'll see what happens. I set it up to text me and even that never comes through unless I'm home. I'll let you know... Thank you!
kamason208
Aspirant
Aspirant

This has been continuing to happen.  I have had it on all the motion options:  armed, disarmed and a mode I chose.  The ONLY time I get nofitications is when I'm in my house.  The second I am out of my driveway, they stop.  Apparently, I have to be on my network only for me to get the alerts.  Help??

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That really shouldn't happen in any case. Create a trouble ticket since you may have discovered a software bug that's hard to duplicate.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kamason208,

Being on your network or on 3g/4g should not make any difference for receiving push notifications. If you receive notifications when you are on your network, you should also receive them when you are on 3g/4g. Are other data functions on your mobile device working when not on your network?

When you are out and not receiving push notifications, are your cameras armed (showing the black running man) and are you using a mode that contains a rule with push notifications enabled?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation