Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
NadineN
Follower
Follower

Is it possible to turn on motion detection for just one of my camera's and not all four?  

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

NadineN wrote:

Is it possible to turn on motion detection for just one of my camera's and not all four?  

Yes... create a new MODE for just that camera.

You have two defalts, ALL ON, ALL OFF.

You want just CAM A to come on...

goto SETTINGS, MODES, click on ADD on upper right side

Label new mode CAMERA A ON

Make sure CAMERA A has a green check mark at the cam line end and ALL the other are black checks

save on exit

Test by turning on CAMERA A ON, and now go to live view screen ... the "running man" should be GREEN on that camera only ( showing its on motion )

later use ALL OFF to exit

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
G115
Aspirant
Aspirant
kdoublec
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought Arlo and it's cool but for some reason one of the two cameras no longer seems to record or notify if there is motion.  I can't find anything in MODE to try to turn it both of those things on.

Please help/thanks in advance.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check the running men for each camera in the Devices tab. They should be black. If one or more is gray, they are disarmed, hence no recording. To set a mode to record, go to the Mode tab, click on your base station and view the available modes. By default, Armed should be selected. If you've made your own custom mode and rules, verify that there are rules for each camera that should be recording. Generally, don't modify the Armed mode so you can use it for troubleshooting. Select it and then check your running men again. If black, verify that you can live view and record.

kdoublec
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks I'll give it a try
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation