Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android Arlo app fails to log in

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Steinijoha
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Android Arlo app used to work on my phone and tablet but now I get the following text when I try to logon in:

<!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title>Apache Tomcat/8.0.23 - Error report</title><style type="text/css">H1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} H2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} H3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} BODY {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} B {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} P {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;}A {color : black;}A.name {color : black;}.line {height: 1px; background-color: #525D76; border: none;}</style> </head><body><h1>HTTP Status 500 - Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 8</h1><div class="line"></div><p><b>type</b> Exception report</p><p><b>message</b> <u>Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 8</u></p><p><b>description</b> <u>The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.</u></p><p><b>exception</b></p><pre>org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 8
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:982)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:861)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:622)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:846)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
</pre><p><b>root cause</b></p><pre>java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 8
java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1963)
com.netgear.hms.service.PaymentUtils.superscriptTemplateAmount(PaymentUtils.java:648)
com.netgear.hms.controller.UserController.getUserServicePlan(UserController.java:257)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor585.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.doInvoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:221)
org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:137)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:111)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:806)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:729)
org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:85)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:959)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:893)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:970)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:861)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:622)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:846)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
</pre><p><b>note</b> <u>The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/8.0.23 logs.</u></p><hr class="line"><h3>Apache Tomcat/8.0.23</h3></body></html>

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A few people have reported this before.  I'd try reinstalling the app first.  Also, try a browser although there should be no connection between the two.

Steinijoha
Aspirant
Aspirant

It works in a browser. I have re- installed the App on the phone and the tablet but I still cant log in using the App. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What devices and OSes?

Steinijoha
Aspirant
Aspirant

Samsung Galaxy S6 with Android version 5.1.1, Asus Nexus 7 tablet with Android version 6.0.1 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A with Anndroid version 5.0.2.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't duplicate this on my Nexus 6 phone with 6.01.

Edit: if you saw my complete reply earlier, it was in reply to a different thread. In any event, I can't duplicate on any of my various devices.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Steinijoha,

I too am not able to reproduce this error (Galaxy S4, android 5.0.1). Is this an intermittent issue or does this occur every time you try logging in to the app? Is this occurring on a WiFi connection, a 3g/4g data connection or both?

JamesC

Steinijoha
Aspirant
Aspirant

This occurs every time I log on, on WiFi and 3G/4G.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Steinijoha,

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo App installed on your devices? Did this start occurring after the new version or was it occurring prior to the update as well?

Latest version: Android 2.0.4

JamesC

Steinijoha
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed Arlo app on my devises 7 April and it worked at that time. I noticed that the App did not work in the morning 8 April. I upgraded to version 2.0.4_12416 but I cant remember when.

Regards,

Steini 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Steinijoha,

Please private message me the e-mail address associated with the account you are using that displays this error message. I will escalate this issue for further investigation.

JamesC

Trinket_20
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am unable to log into my account on Samsung galaxy 4... No issues on computer but unable to on app?. Deleted and re installed still says info entered is incorrect
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What OS version?  Perhaps it's too old to support the app.  Also, try restarting the phone.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Trinket_20,

In addition to jguerdat's suggestion above, you could also try reinstalling the mobile app.

Make sure you have the latest available Android OS for your phone installed, I have tested this using a Galaxy S4 with 5.0.1 and was able to utilize the Arlo mobile app without issue.

JamesC

CMOman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can login to my Arlo cloud account and see my base ( 48935C7CA2C19) and my cameras using the web based app, and could also do so on my Samsung Android Galaxy S4 up until several weeks ago - now I get a "username or password is incorrect".  I've verified my email and password entries are correct, and I've tried deleting and reinstalling the Arlo app on my phone, all without success.  I've tried going on the cloud using the web based app and resetting my password.  Still no success.  I see on the forum that several other Samsung Galaxy users have recently encountered this problem.  Can you advise what the fix ?

The android system on my phone is 5.0.1 and was last updated August 21.  It is running the current version. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CMOman,

This doesn't seem to be a device specific issue that you are describing. I have tested this using an identical device (Galaxy S4 on Android 5.0.1) and was able to log in without issue. You should be able to use the same credentials to log in to the app that you use to log in to the browser. Have you tried to see if there is any difference when you are connected to WiFi vs mobile data(4G)?

JamesC

CMOman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried 4G and two WiFi networks, same result.  But changing my account password again solved the problem.  Not sure why.  But all working now.  Many thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation