Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to turn motion off on only one camera

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Trasina
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried adding a mode for the one camera I want to shut motion detection off on. I go to mode and I choose the camera from the list. I then unselect the only option under "Trigger" for "when motion is detected" but as soon as I unselect that I cannot move on. The NEXT button is no longer an option so I select "when motion is detected" and go to the next screen but then I'm done and have not added a mode to turn that camera off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Trasina wrote:

I tried adding a mode for the one camera I want to shut motion detection off on. I go to mode and I choose the camera from the list. I then unselect the only option under "Trigger" for "when motion is detected" but as soon as I unselect that I cannot move on. The NEXT button is no longer an option so I select "when motion is detected" and go to the next screen but then I'm done and have not added a mode to turn that camera off.

Turning OFF the camera is totally different from using a mode to turn motion detection OFF

In the first, the camera is totally off line while in the second the camera goes into a sleep mode and will not detect nor record for any motion but can be live viewed.

PS... yes on/off is a new option. It allows you to stop " friends " from viewing a camera you gave them access to or one you want private.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Trasina wrote:

You can only have one mode running at a time... If you start a second mode, any camera NOT listed in that mode will be off.

So say you have 3 cameras... A, B, C

Default modes are ARMED ( all on ) and DISARMED ( all off )

for all the possible combos, you need to add a few modes ( use only what you need )

A on

B on

C on

A - B on

A - C on

B - C on

Now you want A & B on but not C

Add a new MODE putting A in it then save... Go back and EDIT the same mode and ADD camera B then save

Now if you have ARMED (all on ) mode running  on and want to turn off C , use the just created mode A&B... C turns off as it's not in the mode.

hope this makes sense 🙂

Trasina
Aspirant
Aspirant

TY, I had looked it up all over on here and everyone kept saying the only way to turn a camera off was by adding modes BUT I must have missed something because the app does have an on/off option for each camera. I went to Settings-My Devices and chose the camera I wanted from the list and then the very first option was on/off! I don't understand why in every answer to this similar question everyone has said you can't simply shut off one camera. Maybe it's a new option?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera on/off in Settings is a new option.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Trasina wrote:

Turning OFF the camera is totally different from using a mode to turn motion detection OFF

In the first, the camera is totally off line while in the second the camera goes into a sleep mode and will not detect nor record for any motion but can be live viewed.

PS... yes on/off is a new option. It allows you to stop " friends " from viewing a camera you gave them access to or one you want private.

Beaglebakery
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't have an on off option and I just bought my cameras. Do I have to download something?
Beaglebakery
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oops I found it.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation