Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
TheRealMcCoy
Tutor
Tutor

For me it looks like Netgear is removing the Chat-feature from time to time from the support-page.

Probably, because of known issues or of high peak times.

If you are in a similar situation - here is a direct link to the live chat:

https://my.netgear.com/Arlo/ContactUs/Chat

4 REPLIES 4
Kevin101
Tutor
Tutor

Lame Arlo abolutely Lame. I need to chat regarding scheduling.  Arlo oesn't even recognize my phone number for notifications. Lame Arlo lame. If I could get my money back I would.Thanks ARLO.

Pjcgrows
Initiate
Initiate

The link doesn't work.

Hard to imagine how I spent an hour on chat last week and now I can't even find a link or activate a session. There is a phone number and it works great to put you on hold for hours and never pick up.

I loved my system, in the beginning but now I am starting to hate Arlo/Netgear and that is changing my mind.

I get case updates that tell me to "click here" to reply and I get blank pages.

Very disappointed.

P

Cbgeorge
Guide
Guide

Arlo has removed live support and virtualy have NO support anymore. Just like a lot of companies, want you to buy their equipment and service, but dont want you to bother them after they get ur money! If they do have phone number, they have those damn menu tree auto  phone systems that make it so complicated to get any one that they hope you get pissed and say **bleep** it and hang up!

arlo_mdfamily
Star
Star

I too noticed that sometimes the chat functionality does not work.  The explanation I received is that the way it currently works (as they've likely leveraged some 3rd party chat support comapny); if the 3rd party system is "too busy" (no agents available, or queue is full), the Arlo "Live Chat" button will not work. Arlo support today reconfirmed that Chat is supposed to be available 24/7.

My recommendation to them was to implement a bit of simple "user feedback" ... whatever the issue may be, simply tell the user "too busy" or "no agents are available".

I submitted a formal complain to Arlo customer service and this issue has been forwarded to the appropriate internal team to be addressed.

PS: what is the nonsense above about "arlo does not have support"? - in my experience, their support is quite good, very knowledgeable, often availble, and even calls directly if an e-mail submitted customer service request is unclear. (all for Chat, phone, and e-mail).

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation