Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do you make .mp4 video files PLAY when clicked (rather than download) in Google Chrome browser?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
plasmo
Luminary
Luminary

On my desktop pc, when I receive my Motion detection email alert, my browser (using Chrome) always asks me to download the video file, rather than play it (like on my iPhone).

Is there a way to make it so I can just play the video, rather than prompt me to download and save the .mp4 file?

thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I belive if you try to access the video thru the email, yes it has to d/l

But you can sign into Arlo and just view the video from the library without d/l

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

I have and default to IE, but when I open an Arlo notification from Yahoo email in IE and click on the "see what's happening" (or words to that effect) link, I'm provided the standard bar at the bottom of the page that gives one choices to "open," "save," or "cancel."  I obviously select open and it allows me to start playing the video.  I'd have to think Chrome gives you the same choices.  Yes you can certainly go to your specific Arlo app/web page, but I say cut out the middle-man and just open your video from email.  I might add that sometimes they hide those option bars at the bottom of your screen; and perhaps you're not seeing where to access it.  Otherwise and logically, it makes no sense for them to give you the link in the emai if you can't take advantage or it, right...?  Best of luck!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation