Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do you change Rules with the new interface?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
JE121
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using the web page on my desktop PC and I cannot figure out how to add/change rules.  It used to be on the settings tab but I cannont find it there with the upgrade.  I am currently using the "old" ios app to maintain them.   Does the new ios app have the ability to maintain rules?  I am afraid to upgrade at this point in time.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions

6 REPLIES 6
JE121
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found the answer in another section.   You have to go into the modes and edit them in order to see the rules.  This will take some getting used to

Viper75
Aspirant
Aspirant

The rules are now in the modes.  So setup a mode, then within the mode you setup the rules.  I was upset at first because it looked like it got rid of the rules, but as I played around I figured it out.  I actually like this because I switch things a lot quicker by just setting up different modes that have the rules I want built in.  So one click will change everything I want instead of changing everything at the camera level.

Viperbird
Guide
Guide

Yes, the rules are now part of the modes. Seems more intuative now and are alot easier to update and know which rule belongs to a specific mode.

RadulfK
Initiate
Initiate

When I click/or tap on an existing mode to edit it (with my desktop Mac or ipad) the only thing I am able to change is the start/stop times for arming the cameras. I need to adjust the sensitivity and there is no option shown to add or edit rules while editing a mode.

I only see an option for rules when setting up a new mode. It would be a hassle to redo my schedules every time I need to tweek the sensitivity on one camera.

Can anyone help? Will there be another update to fix it?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RadulfK,

To adjust motion sensitivity navigate to Mode > Click the pencil icon next to the desired mode (Armed is the default mode for motion detection) > Click edit next to the desired rule > Click the pencil icon next to Motion is detected. From here you can adjust the motion sensitivity slider for that camera. Be sure to save when you are ready to commit the changes.

I hope this helps!

JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yup, you're editing the schedule, not a mode. The schedule is the schedule - that's it. 

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation