Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sceduling for motion detection recording.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
PopPop
Follower
Follower

How can I setup my two cameras up so they only record by a schedule, and not any time they sense motion.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't be done.  The batteries would deplete rapidly if they were recording all the time, even with a schedule. This would be the wrong system for that usage.

FedericaC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello PopPop,

Welcome to the Arlo Community!

You can indeed set up a schedule to trigger motion detection within specific time frames. Further information on how to set an Arlo camera schedule is available here.

You can also refer to this thread of our Community.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Federica

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

OK, maybe my answer was a bit broad but the camera only records when detecting motion unless you manually turn it on in the Cameras screen. It will stop by itself after 30 minutes.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I thought they were asking re exactly what you replied to...

sounded like they wanted to have the camera record based on time schedule only... which is no

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
azsundancer
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello - I am trying to read your reply on scheduling when using motion recording but it won't let me - goes to the page and says "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

Return to my original page"  I'm attempting to try and set up 2 of my cameras to only record between the hour of 7pm and 6 am but it won't allow me to do this using motion only - I don't want it to be in a record state all the time.

Thanks for your help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What browser and OS?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation