Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection only

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MarcV2
Follower
Follower

Hi I have some lag issues with my cameras so that I only catch the end of someone walking past or miss them depending on their direction of travel etc, which got me thinking it would be reallly handy if Arlo developed a movement detection unit only which could be placed ahead of the camera and then with in the mode set a rule that Camera "A" recoded when motion was detected on "Motion sensor "A" for example.Are there any plans to develop such a motion only sensor, this would of course retail at a much lower price than  a camera!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's all about camera position. There will always be at least a 2 second lag so you need to position the camera so that motion is detected moving across the FOV, starting near an edge. Too little or too much scene causes issues since either motion isn't detected until the subject is out of view or there's no chance of catching the subject after 2 seconds.

There are suggestions in the Submit an Idea area that you can add kudos to for possible action or you can potentially use one of your cameras in the same general area so it detects the motion but triggers a different camera in the rules you set up. A separate motion detector would be preferable but it's not available now.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation