Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Daddylee
Initiate
Initiate

What a Trash update! Where can I turn off my email alerts, don't need 40-50 email about motions! I'm thinking of getting rid of this trash camera. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Daddylee
Initiate
Initiate

Kudos to you Kind SIR! All I have to do is create a new rule and set it back up as my own settings! Uncheck the email notifications and bingo was his name O! Thanks!

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe editing the rule(s) would help.  Mode tab, select your system, edit the various modes, turn off email notifications.

Daddylee
Initiate
Initiate

Kudos to you Kind SIR! All I have to do is create a new rule and set it back up as my own settings! Uncheck the email notifications and bingo was his name O! Thanks!

iancop
Initiate
Initiate

not sure what updates netgear have done, but in modes i have nothing other than it saying my base station is armend and only gives me options to arm, disarm, or schedule

this is rubbish we get an email constantly, if it cant be returend to how it was previous then i be after my money back

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you see the "pencil" icon for each mode?  That gives you access to edit the mode and turn notifications on and off.

zoe159
Aspirant
Aspirant

After upgrading to Premuim yesterday I cannot get motion to stop notifications being emailed to me, even following the instruction under Mode and Push notifications editing, I even deleted my email address! This is very annoying. It was working properly with the free account. How do I turn this off?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Push notifications are for the app, not for email.  Ensure that the email notification is turned off.  Might be useful to turn them on, save, turn them off and save again.

OSULima
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I turn off email notifications everytime my device detects motion or sound

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All notifications and other settings for motion detection are in your modes and rules. Use the Mode tab, click on your base station and edit your mode(s) using the pencil icon. Be sure to save your settings for both the rule and mode.

shywalker
Initiate
Initiate

I don't see the pencil ico on the mode screen

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you click on your base to see the modes.  Depending on whether you're using the app or a browser, there should be a pencil or > on the right side of each mode to allow editing.  Still not there?

shywalker
Initiate
Initiate

Thanks. I see the > now. The email notification setting is only available in Armed mode, not in Schedule mode.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct.  The schedule is just the schedule for any modes you choose.

ljgaud
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I was trying to find how to disable alerts. Initially when I set the system up I thought I'd disabled email alerts. Now I am receiving email alerts again. To disable them it says to click the pencil icon in the mode>camera name settings. In settings mode when I'm in scheduled I don't have a pencil icon to edit. All it has is a an > icon which takes you to the times it is armed.
If I set a new rule for arming as I set it up I the notifications rules do come up.
Oh, I think I found it. If I change from scheduled armed setting to armed setting in (mode) then the camera settings come up and I can edit the notification rules. Click mode>arm the system, click the >, your cameras will be shown, click edit, the camera rules and notification methods are there to edit, click save

Hopefully they will apply in my scheduled mode. This needs to be pointed out in your help area, fyi. thx -  J

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You found the proper way.  The schedule is not a mode, it's just a way to schedule your modes.  If you want certain things at certain times, create a mode with those settings and then schedule it.

jvanstone12
Tutor
Tutor

SO  now we have to go through each camera individually and set up the rules? Then when we are done, and we select schedule, how does it know which custom rules we we want it to run on schedule? This setup process isn't very user friendly.

dollycam
Aspirant
Aspirant

how do I turn off the email notifcations i keep getting when there is motion detected?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

dollycam wrote:

how do I turn off the email notifcations i keep getting when there is motion detected?

Go to the mode you are using to arm and edit the email options

GO to MODE

click on base

Modes appear on right side, pick ARMED ( or the one your using )

Hit > to edit

pick camera ( must be done for each )

go down the page an uncheck the email box

then SAVE

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
MarcGagnon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hey there. Just set up my new Arlo Pro Wireless cameras and I have email notifications set up. I'd like to turn them off as it's flooding my inbox constantly but I can't figure out how. Any help would be much appreciated!!!
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Go "Mode" and Locate whichever camera you want to edit under "Rules". Go all the way down if using App under "Alert"  -> "Email". You can uncheck it if you don't want notified. Don't forget to save. 

909dpadilla
Aspirant
Aspirant
I want to stop email alerts
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You can turn off alerts per camera....

Go to MODES and edit the current mode you are using... uncheck the alert boxes

https://kb.arlo.com/1019297/How-do-I-set-up-notifications-or-alerts

FAQs are your friend....almost all ?s have been answered

Morse is faster than texting!
420H
Aspirant
Aspirant

Added a new camera to our Arol system . It will not stop sending me push notifications emails. How can I make it stop? 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Push notifications are toggled on/off within the rule for the camera in the mode you're in. So edit the mode you're in. Edit the rule pertaining to that camera and scroll down to see the options of push and email notifications. Turn the push notifications off. Click SAVE

Also, great to have a read through the user manual to familiarise yourself with how all the different modes and rules are used. Hope that helps

joyferrante
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like to change my email notifications, so I am not getting emails any more when the Arlo takes a video. 

The previous question on this topic did not have a response that was effective.  

Thank you!