Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting status message

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Vargo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi 

Just got my new Arlo system installed it but on the app I receive  "getting status" message and can't do anything.

anyone have any ideas. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vargo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Issue has now bee resolved.

The issue is the BT Home HUB 3 which does not fully work with the Arlo System, I have not upgraded to BT Home Hub 5 and the system is now fully working.

thanks

Vargo

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick search would reveal a number of similar complaints. The first steps are to try logging out and back into the Arlo servers and/or try a different browser.

Vargo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi

I have tried different browsers iPhone safari and explorer but still receive the message of getting status.

Any other ideas the motion sensors work.

Thank
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The usual is to also try logging out of the Arlo servers and back in.  Also, try the app which seems to have fewer such issues. There may have been a recent backend fix to this but I'll defer to Arlo folks to verify this.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vargo,

I have a few questions that might help us better understand the issue you are describing.

1. When you see this "getting status" message what is the status of the internet LED (solid green, amber, etc)?

2. Do you always see a getting status message or is it intermittent, is there any difference when accessing your account from other networks?

3. Have you tried accessing your account on a different browser such as Chrome or a different mobile device such as android?

If you could also let us know what router and ISP you use for your home network that may also clue us in to where the problem might be.

Please let us know!
JamesC

Vargo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi James

I have think I have tried everything. When I have one camera is seems to work but not fully as I can take a picture but can't stream. But when I add any more cameras I get the getting status message.

I am also speaking to Arlo support under 25805301 ticket but it's becoming very frustrating. I have fast BT fibre broadband but can't seem to get this system to work.

Answers to your questions

1 - no change on the light

2 - when I try to stream or add more cameras

3 - tried Firefox but no android as I have iPhone

Thanks

Vargo
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vargo,

Thank you for the follow up. I apologize for the frustration and encourage you to continue working with support on this case. If you could let us know the results here on the community we would greatly appreciate it as it may help other users experiencing similar issues!

Due to the issue occurring after you have added multiple cameras, I have some inclining that there may be a bandwidth limitation that is causing the issue. Could you run a speed test and let us know your download and upload?

Thank you!

JamesC

Vargo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Speed check

31mb

9mb

still working with support as when I add more than 1 camera I just receive the "getting Status" message and the whole system freezes.

thanks

Vargo

Vargo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Issue has now bee resolved.

The issue is the BT Home HUB 3 which does not fully work with the Arlo System, I have not upgraded to BT Home Hub 5 and the system is now fully working.

thanks

Vargo

dsaigalal12
Guide
Guide

What is BT Home Hub?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe it's a UK and/or Aussie/NZ thang...

tobyrowe
Aspirant
Aspirant
It is a WiFi router provided by BT, the UK'S tel telco broadband service provider
Vargo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

BT HUb is my router and due to verison 2 which I had it blocked the singal but as I have now upgraded to version 4 all works with no issues.

thanks

Vargo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Apologies it's version 5 of the BT Hub I know use.

thanks

SabrinaGadelha
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I'm a new user and after installing the cameras we keep receiving the "motion detected" messages. How can I put a stip on it? I get like 500 messages a day!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

SabrinaGadelha wrote:
Hi,
I'm a new user and after installing the cameras we keep receiving the "motion detected" messages. How can I put a stip on it? I get like 500 messages a day!

First, you settings on the camera must be somewhat off to be getting that much alerts/recordings.... if it continues, the batteries will not be lastin long.

Second, to turn off alerts or emails;

Go to MODE

click on current mode, list of Modes will appear on right

Pick ARMED and click on edit pencil

Pick your first camera ( you must do this for each one you have )

click EDIT

near bottom , uncheck the contact boxes ( pushes, email )

SAVE

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Hope4Life08
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hope4Life08
Aspirant
Aspirant
Help!! We've just purchased a new system (we upgraded from one camera and system to 3) we have a new router set up and all but now the new system wont link up. We can see live footage but under modes it only shows the base which states 'Getting status'
Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation