Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting a Notification other then by Phone or Email

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
johnnyzz123
Follower
Follower

Ok this sounds illy but any ideas on how I can get a notification anytime my Arlo camera's detect motion.  I know I can get a txt message to my phione or an email.  But if I am walking around the house, or watching tv, I just dont carry my cellphone around my house with me (And even then I get notifications for emails etc and I dont jump to my my phone evertime I get one).  Any ideas on alternate waays to get a notification?  I Know the pro has an alarm but it is really loud and runs for a minimum of a 1 minute.

I was hoping to do an IFTTT to Amazon's Echo saying something like Motion Detected.  but you can have Echo say something on its own via IFTTT.

Any other ideas from the community. 

John

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

johnnyzz123,

Experimenting with IFTTT is a good idea. Many users have used IFTTT recipes with other devices to alert for motion detection.

Consider browsing through the existing IFTTT recipes for Arlo to see if any match your needs.

JamesC

Monocle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear John:

I have the opposite problem. How do you stop the Arlo from sending me an email every thme the motion dector goes off?

Monocle

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edit your modes.  Mode tab, click on your base, edit your modes (likely the Armed mode).  Better yet, create your own custom modes while there.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation