Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting Status.... Waiting soooo lonnng

Discussion stats
  • 26 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
Good2U
Star
Star

Does anybody else have frequent waits "getting status" of your Arlo devices?  On Android, I see this so much that I'm very frustrated.  How often it takes me nearly 2 minutes of trying and retrying before I can change the operating mode.  I'm pretty sure it's NOT connectivity-related because at times the "getting status" message is for the Arlo Base *or* the Arlo Q but not both.  Other times, of course, it IS both.

Is this common for other users?  It's annoying standing outside my door trying over and over to disarm or arm the system.

26 REPLIES 26
Chrisjschaffer
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree not connectivity. As I'm standing there waiting, (and waiting, and waiting) to be able to disarm, the alerts for my motion being detected are instantaneous.
FarmerT
Aspirant
Aspirant

It takes ~ 60 secs for both my Arlo Pro and Arlo Go cameras to change mode because "getting status" takes so long.  This is easily the worst thing about my Arlo system.  Ridiculous it takes so long to change modes when it's something you do every day.  My Blink cameras are much better in this regard.