Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Get notifications of on my android phone but no recordings or emails

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tchin1
Initiate
Initiate

Does anyone know why I would receive 2 notifications on my andriod phone abour 30mins apart that motion has been detected on one of my cameras, but when I check my emails there are no notifications and there are no recordings.

Would this be a fault with the camera?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ryanseanj
Initiate
Initiate
It seems to be working now. No reset or anything required. I have a feeling there was something wrong with the cloud server and/or the Internet connection as I was having other problems with the system last night related to connectivity.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ryanseanj
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having this same problem with iPhone (I get notifications, and it even says it's recording, but there are no recordings or emails).

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Interesting that it happens on both Android and iOS.  I'd try deleting and reinstalling the app first.  After that, verify that the cameras actually record - trigger live view and set the system for All Motion On and walk in front of the cameras.  You can also use the Position Mode and Motion Detection Test under Settings, Camera Settings to check operation.

Worst case, performing a complete reset and setup of the system as if new may be needed.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Recently been getting DUPE emails re activity alerts...

I go in and check and delete them, only to find them coming back some time later... almost like dupe sent from netgear.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ryanseanj
Initiate
Initiate
It seems to be working now. No reset or anything required. I have a feeling there was something wrong with the cloud server and/or the Internet connection as I was having other problems with the system last night related to connectivity.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation