Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera detects motion only at 6 ft

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Ardo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got the 4 cameras pack, all the cameras are in the "all motion on" mode, the 4 cameras show the runing man on green. 3 of the cameras works fine but one only detect the motion at about 6 ft distance.
Thks!
6 REPLIES 6
Cirrus
Tutor
Tutor

For the camera you are having problems with, have a look at this video to make sure you have the camera positioned appropriately to detect movement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XikjgDXJ0js

Also, have you tried adjusting the motion sensitivity?

RoyandSusan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can you turn off one or more cameras but leave others on? Is so, can you do this from your smart phone when you are away from home and forgot to turn on your system? What distance can the cameras detect motion?  Is there a manual I can download to learn more about this system and all it has to offer? Thanks

Ardo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thnks Cirrus, I saw the video and to place the cameras at 7 ft is ridiculous for me, maybe it works for somebody else. I don't want my cameras to be stolen. I'm going to return them today.
Ardo
Aspirant
Aspirant
RoyandSusan, yes you can do all that from your smartphone.. Example: if you have four cameras, you can setup one or two only to detect motion and leave the others off. you can change all the settings from yor smartphone.
Cirrus
Tutor
Tutor

You can put the cameras higher than 7ft, they just don't recommend putting them lower than that. The other thing you could consider is to use these camera mounts which actually screw into the camera, so you can't just pull the camera off like the magnetic ones. I've just ordered one.

http://amzn.to/1Ny0Hto

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

3 of the cameras works fine but one only detect the motion at about 6 ft distance.

Swap the bad camera with one that is working for you... see if it's camera or the location

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation