Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Birdwatch
Guide
Guide

Hello,

In geofencing / enabled devices I see multiple device that don't belong to me.  Why are they there and how do I get rid of them.  I see the two that belong to me but the other 4 do not.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You shouldn't see any devices but your ( if you mean phones )...

Was the system purchased used by any chance.

Either way, you should be able to delete the devices

( screen shot may help )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Birdwatch
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the reply...

How do I delete them?  I tried on my phone but it won't allow me to delete.  Maybe a hard reset would do it?  I'll try and post a screenshot.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

check out;

NETGEAR Moderator

Wasif,

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save.

JamesC

Edit the preferances within GeoFencing mode, by opening the edit {pencil} icon. I then deleted my old phones within that option, leaving only the current one.

That worked, however I might need to make other adjustments, because the system seems to arm itself even when I am home.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Geofencing-Removing-old-unused-devices-from-Geof...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Geofencing-Removing-old-unused-devices-from-Geof...

Birdwatch
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the info...  I tried a few things listed but I was unable to delete them.  There is no edit feature when it comes to devices just on or off and save.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you have to edit in the mode ( geofence ) ... on android its' the pencil, then devices

But, yes, I see the issue... only other thing I can think of is to delete app and re-install.  It may delete the other phones

Birdwatch
Guide
Guide

Hi,

I deleted the app and re-installed it on my iphone 8+.  Now I have a bigger problem the device list now shows two of the same phones (mine). The geofencing doesn't work now because both of the same phone say unavailable. I can't get them to work no matter what I do. 

How do I get a screen shot to upload from my iphone?  Everytime I try it doesn't work.  I even tried google chrome app same thing. 

Thanks

Birdwatch
Guide
Guide
Screenshot... I hope this works
Birdwatch
Guide
Guide
Screenshot... JPG
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes