Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing plus scheduling

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Tdub4
Tutor
Tutor

Is it possible to use Geofencing mode in conjunction with the Schedule mode? It appears that I can only select one mode or the other but not engage both. For example, always arm the cameras when I am away but also arm them for a period of time at night even when I am home.

i must be missing something. TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You can accomplish this now.

I accomplished this by creating modes, let me try and explain the steps.

In this example, I want my indoor cameras to never be on while we are at home, but turn on when we are gone, but when I sleep I want them on. 

Example:

• Create a mode, like sleep.
  • In my sleep mode, set your cameras you want in it.
  • Open Schedule and set a schedule from 11pm - 6am for your sleep mode
  • Go to GeoFencing
  • Set your location
  • Set your enabled devices (all your phones)
  • Select Mode
    • Away Mode choose Armed, where armed will have all your cameras. If everyone leaves, they turn on, anyone comes back they turn off.
    • Home Mode choose Schedule, now when you are home between 11pm - 6am your cameras will be on.  If everyone leaves it'll switch to Away Mode, but if you come home, it all turns off.  Then at 11pm, geofencing sees you are at home, it turns on your schedule, if you all happen to leave in the evening, it'll switch to Away mode, so they will turn on regardless.

Now you can actually create more modes and add to your shedule to do more things, but the above instructions should work for you.

Tdub4 wrote:

Is it possible to use Geofencing mode in conjunction with the Schedule mode? It appears that I can only select one mode or the other but not engage both. For example, always arm the cameras when I am away but also arm them for a period of time at night even when I am home.

-Robert

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Dill_
Apprentice
Apprentice
I literally just logged in to post this exact question, good to see I'm not the only one who would like this function as a setting rather than a mode. I did find a workaround using IFTTT.com but it does not take into consideration my wifes phone and mine like the Arlo mode can. Thanks Tdub4.
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You can accomplish this now.

I accomplished this by creating modes, let me try and explain the steps.

In this example, I want my indoor cameras to never be on while we are at home, but turn on when we are gone, but when I sleep I want them on. 

Example:

• Create a mode, like sleep.
  • In my sleep mode, set your cameras you want in it.
  • Open Schedule and set a schedule from 11pm - 6am for your sleep mode
  • Go to GeoFencing
  • Set your location
  • Set your enabled devices (all your phones)
  • Select Mode
    • Away Mode choose Armed, where armed will have all your cameras. If everyone leaves, they turn on, anyone comes back they turn off.
    • Home Mode choose Schedule, now when you are home between 11pm - 6am your cameras will be on.  If everyone leaves it'll switch to Away Mode, but if you come home, it all turns off.  Then at 11pm, geofencing sees you are at home, it turns on your schedule, if you all happen to leave in the evening, it'll switch to Away mode, so they will turn on regardless.

Now you can actually create more modes and add to your shedule to do more things, but the above instructions should work for you.

Tdub4 wrote:

-Robert
Dill_
Apprentice
Apprentice
Robert,

Thanks, this does the trick! Got geofencing on with away mode set to Armed and Home to Schedule.
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Glad that worked out for you!

-Robert
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Just checked the app to find a clock symbol next to my geofencing symbol by my Arlo Q camera. I have noticed that this camera has not been recording when it should. A neighbour is a beta tester, with devices before commercially available: is there a chance his devices or settings could affect mine? Can anyone explain what the clock means? Is there a possibility that scheduled geofencing has been set up? There are no other users & I haven't tried it!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The only clock icon for my Q is on the Devices tab, which is used for the CVR option.  The only clock icon in my Mode tab is for the schedule.  GF has a location indicator but no clock.

As for no recording, is the running man in the Devices tab gray or black?  If gray, it's disarmed - you need to set an active mode or the schedule in the Mode tab.  If the running man is black and all looks good, power cycle the camera and see if that helps.  You might also want to check your motion detection zones to see if they're set properly and used in your modes.

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Geofencing icon, then clock icon, then disarmed. It should be armed and geofenced.
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
It records when set to arm, except it seems when the timer is on?
JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
I haven't enabled zones. Sorry, typing on a phone!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You've lost me.  Take some screenshots of what you're seeing and post them here.

JustLearning
Apprentice
Apprentice
Any idea how to upload them? I'm on an iPhone and paste doesn't work.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation