Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
BigBiped
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - I have a new set of Pro and Q cameras.  Everything seems to work ok except geofencing.  Today while I was in my house my status flipped backwards and forwards between "home" and "away", generating many annoying alerts as it did so.  When I investigated I noticed that my location was sometimes recorded about a mile from my home... and on two occasions at an address in Madagascar (I live in London, UK).

When Arlo thought I was half way round the world in Madagascar or a mile up the road, other apps on my mobile phone confirmed my actual location as in my house.  

Any idea what is going on?  I appreciate the geofencing function is in Beta... but maybe it is not really ready for that yet?  Is this something that is being worked on?

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you keep the app active in the background?  If you log out as oppose to puting in the background, it may screw up...also your GPS has to stay active.

You could try and enlarge the geo circle a bit

good luck.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BigBiped
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response TomMac.  My app was running the whole time but it logs out everytime I access Arlo from my laptop.

In the last few hours I tried checking Google maps very fast as soon as I heard the Arlo status whitch to "away".  I noticed that sometimes I could catch maps also reporting an eroneous location, which then seems to correct very quickly.  I reconfigured the location function on my phone to rely entirely on GPS so will see how that works out.  

Quickcam
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had same problem. Enter your exact address in the bar and select. Mine did the same before I did this. Kept switching from home to away.
BigBiped
Aspirant
Aspirant

So switching my mobile phone to use just GPS to determine location seems to have made my orriginal problem go away.  I now have a new issue though...

I have some Pro wireless cameras attached to a base station and one Q camera connected to my regular wifi.  While I was out today my wife remained at home.  The Arlo app showed one phone away and one at home and both sets of cameras remained disarmed. So far so good.  My wife left the house, both phones registered as "away" and both sets of cameras armed. Also good.  When my wife returned home though, her phone registered as "home" but only the Pro cameras disarmed.  The Q remained armed (and constantly alerted).  

Anyone know how to fix that?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried removing/disabling the phones on the Q and then adding them back in?  That seems to be a frequent solution.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation