Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing detects I am home but keeps camera Armed anyway...?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
cruiserandmax2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Our Arlo Q is set to geofencing mode with away=Armed and home=Schedule. It always detects when I am home/away from the zone (the phone always alerts me as I drive away/return near home). However whenever I am home the camera is *always* Armed- even during times when the schedule is set to not be armed. Two phones have acess to our cameras (mine and my wife's), but only my phone is enabled under mode->(camera name)->Geofencing->Enabled Devces (and the app is always running- evidenced by the continuous alerts I keep getting from it). The only way to disarm the camera when I am home is to disable the camera in mode->(camera name)->Geofencing->Enabled Devices, save settings, then re-enable the camera in gereferencing, save settings again, and then the camera starts respecting the schedule settings and disarms appropriately.. 

Is this a known issue when using schedule as the 'in zone' mode for geofencing?

I am using schedule when in the geofence zone because I want the camera to arm at night when we are sleeping... but it's driving me nuts that it won't disarm- I have over one hundred motion alerts now from times when it should have been disarmed.. 

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

cruiserandmax2,

Geofencing is designed to operate on a "first in, last out basis". This means that if any device is in the Geofencing radius the "Home" mode will enable, and the "Away" mode should only enable when the last device has left the radius.

Consider increasing the size of your location radius (small > medium, medium > large).

Also be sure the app stays logged in, is running and location is enabled on your devices. If the app is logged off/not running Geofencing will not work.

Geofencing is still a Beta feature at this time and the engineering team is working hard to improve it. We appreciate any and all feedback related to this feature.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation